Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@KifkifJobcim  You couldn't install the VC++ 2013 runtimes?  Please post a screenshot of the error you get when you try.  It's fine that the error's in Dutch.

Let me know how Sims 3 runs now too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 25 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Here it is. 

Well I will text you. I could be days or even now? Haha

Message 12 of 25 (678 Views)

@KifkifJobcim  Did you try to install the _arm version of the 2013 runtimes?  That version is for a different class of device and isn't supposed to work on yours.  And I take it you uninstalled your current versions before installing the new ones?

If these aren't the issues, you can try getting the 2013 runtimes from here:

https://www.sereby.org/site/downloads/All%20in%20One%20Runtimes

You only need the "All in One Runtimes," and you only need to install the 2013 x86 and x64 versions.  (You also don't have to donate; just click the Download button.)  If you want documentation, here's the English version:

https://www.sereby.org/site/All%20in%20One%20Runtimes&lang=en

If that doesn't work either, please run a couple of checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Message 13 of 25 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Sorry for this late answer. Sims 3 doesn't crash, I hope it will stay so. I tried today to play sims 4, but it crashed after 10 minutes. I did the steps you recomended. It says that it found corrupted files and repaired them.
Message 14 of 25 (591 Views)

@KifkifJobcim  The late reply is fine: people don't always have time to troubleshoot right away, but there's always someone here when you're ready.

Could you please get a crash log for Sims 4?  I'd like to see if it's (still) exactly the same error as before.  First though, repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Message 15 of 25 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I can't find it... I don't see it in event viewer.
Message 16 of 25 (540 Views)

@KifkifJobcim  You'd need to reenable crash dumps to get one.  It's the same process as before:

• Hit the Windows key, type "command prompt" in the box, right-click on Command Prompt in the search results, and select Run as Administrator
  • In the window, paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" without the outside quotes into the box, and enter
  • Launch the game of your choice
  • After it crashes, wait for any crash dialogs to finish
  • Then hit Windows key-R and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" without quotes into the box, and enter
  • Upload the last .dmp file to the free filesharing site of your choice and link it here
  • When you want to undo the auto crash log dumps, open Command Prompt as before, paste "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" without the outside quotes, and enter.

Message 17 of 25 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 18 of 25 (531 Views)

@KifkifJobcim  Sorry for the late-ish reply.  The Sims 4 crash is the same kind as the Sims 3 crash from before, meaning the same concept applies.  Did you manage to uninstall and reinstall the 2010 and 2013 VC++ runtimes?  If not, please try again now, either using the downloads from Microsoft or the all in one download from Sereby.  (Both options are the same links as before.)

If that doesn't or didn't make a difference, please test the game with your antivirus/firewall completely disabled.  You can play offline if it makes you more comfortable, although you should be fine as long as you open only Origin and Sims 4.

If that doesn't help either, try reinstalling DirectX 9.  You can download the installer from Microsoft and run it without needing to uninstall anything first.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Message 19 of 25 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictWhen I try with the microsoft site, it can't install it (The 2013 version) and with the other site it even says it has a virus. I disabled the real time defender but not the windows firewall because it is too risky. I have the 2015th version of visual c ++. Is that also Ok? 

Message 20 of 25 (415 Views)