Sims 4 keeps crashing

by RINGISKONG

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 4 keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sims 4 was working fine yesterday, now I try to start the game and it crashes while loading in a world. I tried clearing both Sims and Origin's cache. I know my computer is powerful enough to run the game. I took out my custom content, no changes. I tried changing my game file in documents to Sims 4_backup and then loading the game. The new file that was replaced would make the game crash immediately where my original file would crash while loading a world. I was able to navigate the main menu without any issues. When the game crashes it does not give any error messages, it goes straight to the desktop. If I keep my original Sims 4 document file in I can load the menu and select a house, then the crash happens. If I move the file to the desktop and let the game create a new file I am unable to get the game to load....  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,657 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue since two days ago. Did you maybe also update Windows 10? Seems to be the cause of the problem for many people.

Message 2 of 7 (2,625 Views)

@RINGISKONG  Can you try playing while your computer is completely offline, to see whether it helps?  Login to Origin, put it in offline mode, then turn off wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (2,616 Views)

Message 4 of 7 (2,589 Views)

★★ Novice

No new windows update, I’ll try loading the game in offline mode. Graphics driver is up to date. Pc spcs

I7-8700K

gtx 1070 fe

aorus z370 elite mobo

16 gigs trident ram

evga 800 watt gold psu 

Message 5 of 7 (2,578 Views)

★★ Novice
@kreatora That worked, but is this something I will have to do more than once?
Message 6 of 7 (2,538 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@RINGISKONG

I think Microsoft is aware of this problem and will try to fix it fast.
Message 7 of 7 (2,513 Views)