Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing

by Chazittarius

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

Sims 4 ran fine this morning, just attempted to play again and crashed multiple times during gameplay.

Message 1 of 27 (3,864 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

@janedoe88 

First off, try updating your Windows. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type "Update", and start the "check for updates" tool that appears.

Then make sure you're not running the game in the wrong compatibility mode. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 20 of 27 (1,739 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happens, but mine crashes before or on the sims 4 intro screen or maxis logo.

Message 2 of 27 (3,780 Views)

★★★ Novice

me too getting a refund im so frustraded trying to fix it all day

Message 3 of 27 (3,777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

mine crashes on logo

Message 4 of 27 (3,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

a refund is sounding better and better, Ive been on hold for a very long time, its a shame because Ive been playing since sims 1.

Message 5 of 27 (3,754 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I played my game perfectly fine at first without it crashing for hours. Now all of a sudden it crashes every 10-15 minutes while I'm in build mode and sometimes in live mode. >: I really enjoyed what I could play so I hope this can b fixed.

All my computer specs fit the game requirements

Message 6 of 27 (3,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game Crashes everytime it gets to the Loading screen with the green Sims Diamond, EVERYTIME, My PC exceeds the reccomendations, and all drivers are up to date, I have spoken to several EA reps and while they were all pleasant, they had no clue as to any REASON the game is not working. Terrible EA.

Message 7 of 27 (3,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this problem too. It'll run for about 10-15 minutes before crashing. After fiddling around and trying different things, I've been able to play for longer periods of time on low settings. It's ridiculous because the game then looks horrible. But if my settings are on medium or higher it crashes a lot. But i'm glad i'm not the only one with this similar problem

Message 8 of 27 (3,616 Views)

Hero

Could everyone in this thread make their own thread, posting your DxDiag and describe the issue in as much details as possible.

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (3,583 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But we all have the same problem, why make several threads that aren't going to get solved??

Message 10 of 27 (3,567 Views)