Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during weird moments

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps crashing during weird moments

★★★ Newbie

My game keeps crashing on instances where my character goes to sleep and the game fast-forwards, but the moment he wakes up or is about to, it crashes. It also happens on milestone relationship events like if 2 sims propose for marriage the game will crash after.

any idea on why this happens?

my DXDIAG is attached below

Message 1 of 5 (326 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@XaqqdeRipper

Do you get a specific error when it crashes?

You seem to have a dual graphics system. Make sure to update both, but your game should work so much better on the Nvidia card than the Intel-chip (which doesn't have enough dedicated memory, so make sure that your computer uses that one Standard smile

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

Also, if you have any mods, try the game without them Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (323 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@XaqqdeRipper  You need more then (considerately more) free space on the system device. With 7.5Gb free space is not enough free space for the Windows operating system.

Message 3 of 5 (320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ye i have it set to that graphics card. I always run with nvidia before launching the game. It might be mods but I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@XaqqdeRipper  The dxdiag shows only 7.5Gb of free space on the system device. This is very (extremely) low. Has nothing to do with the graphics card. It has to do with the inability of the windows operating system to create temp files on the system storage device (CStandard smile. The Windows operating system bloats - it is what it does. If you can't off load any files (music, video, etc) to another device you will need to get a bigger system device (storage devices are no longer just hard drives - you can have an ssd device). There are files that can not be moved that are needed for the Windows operating system. If you continue to run out of free space the Windows operating system may crash or just stop working. If you do not understand this I strongly suggest you consult a local computer consultant. Temp files are constantly being created and deleted (sometimes the temp files do not get deleted that's why Windows bloats). Memory management in the Windows operating system is very complex. Example - when you download a 5Gb file the operating system creates a temp file until the download is complete - at that time the file is copied not moved to the destination. At that point you need 10Gb of free space to download a 5Gb file and the temp file may not get deleted at fist if at all. And this is just one example as there are many things happening in the background.   hth

Message 5 of 5 (287 Views)