Sims 4 keeps crashing before the title menu

by Skrsne

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps crashing before the title menu

★★★★★ Newbie

My sister and I have sims 4 on her laptop and we both have microsoft accounts on this computer. I used to be able to sign into my account and play sims there but on my profile it keeps crashing before it even reaches the menu. It does the logos and then the title screen where it says"The Sims 4" and then on that screen it freezes then crashes. I've tried updating the game again, repairing it through origin, and even uninstalling and re-installing nothing is working. I also turned off origin in game and switched it from 64 bit to 32 bit and then back to 64 bit. Literally nothing is working.

On my sisters profile it works except it doesnt show all of our cc, but I think I can just move the files around and fix that. I can't get into her account because I dont know her password and she wont tell me it and we work opposite schedules.

We use the same origin account, and she made me an administrator in the computer and still it wont work under my computer profile.

Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing before the title menu

Hero

Hi @Skrsne

it's possible that you have some incompatible mod on your profile causing this. Have you tried removing your mods folder or turning them off to see if it then works ? Did you start fresh on the new account your sister made or did you move over all your user files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)