Sims 4 keeps crashing at startup

by cbeeley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 keeps crashing at startup

★★★ Newbie

I've been using sims 4 for a while and I was playing it yesterday but when I went to open it, it opened origin and then started opening sims (went to a full-screen black screen) and then automatically closed again and came up with a message saying;

"Unable to start:

Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims™ 4"

and then a bunch of random numbers and letters in brackets.

I've tried restarting origin but it still won't work...

Message 1 of 3 (1,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing at startup

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@cbeeley

The random number and letters might be an error code? Please write it down and post it, so much easier to troubleshoot. You can also take a screenshot of the error and post the picture instead Standard smile

You can try this:

Try clearing Origin's cache.
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs, then try to Run Origin as administrator.

You might have to manually reinstall Origin but we can start with this Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,035 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@cbeeley

The random number and letters might be an error code? Please write it down and post it, so much easier to troubleshoot. You can also take a screenshot of the error and post the picture instead Standard smile

You can try this:

Try clearing Origin's cache.
Make sure to white-list Origin in your security programs, then try to Run Origin as administrator.

You might have to manually reinstall Origin but we can start with this Standard smile

Message 2 of 3 (2,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much, my game is working now Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (1,740 Views)