Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

by mikethorp247

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I can't even get to the main menu screen. The game keeps crashing on me
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Come to my house or do a screen share and come see for yourself. Every since this new update. I Can't even play it
What happens when the bug occurs? The game closes on me
What do you expect to see? Nothing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I go to play the game (load it up) it will just go try to go to the main menu and then it just closes on me. I thought that it would be my computer and it's not after checking everything out. I heard about this new update that you are doing and adding something really cool and since then it's not worked at all. 

Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

Champion (Retired)

@mikethorp247 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)