Sims 4 keeps chrashing in build mode on a new computer

by adrofnv

Original Post

Sims 4 keeps chrashing in build mode on a new computer

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been trying to figure this thing out but nothing seems to be fitting to my problem and fixing it. I recently bought the Sims 4 after many years of playing the Sims 3 instead. First I set it up on my older computer and it worked fine on that. Then after I put it up on my new computer, it keeps crashing in build mode. I have a 

Acer Swift 1 SF114-32-P50E. I have also uploaded the Dxdiag file. I hope someone can help me with this Standard smile 

Message 1 of 9 (595 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps chrashing in build mode on a new computer

Champion (Retired)

The Graphics are pretty weak (only integrated) and the drivers are a little old. Try updating them.

Do you have any Mods or CC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (583 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't have any mods or CC, I have already gone through few other questions and I did upgrade my drivers according to that and that didn't work for me.
Message 3 of 9 (580 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try turning graphics down to low and see if it works better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 9 (568 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay I will try and see if that will work for me. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9 (558 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay so I turned all the graphics down to low but it does not seem to change anything for me. It still crashes in build mode. I haven't had it crash in any other mode then the build one.
Message 6 of 9 (539 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@adrofnv
The only practical solution for you is the often safe game and shutting down the computer after 45 minutes of playing to let the graphics card rest. The building mode requires more from the graphics card than the usual game mode,
Even this Nvidia GeForce card sometimes can not stand it and can throw you out of the game. Sometimes I get kicked out of the game in building mode and I have a really good card.
Message 7 of 9 (533 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay, I might just also go back to my old computer just for the game :P I didn't run into this problem there yet. But I will also try this method and see how it works for me Standard smile
Message 8 of 9 (531 Views)

Hero

Your processor isn't really strong enough for the game either.

I would just use your old computer. This computer is more for every day office/web use than for gaming

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (517 Views)