Re: Sims 4 just won't launch

by BellaDonnaCorium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 just won't launch

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

This game won't launch on my Alien Aurora R17, but it will launch on my Dell XPS 13.

I've tried all the suggested troubleshooting, fixes, clean boot, you name it and still no success. And I've done this several times...

All my drivers are updated and Windows 10 is updated as well.

I've played other games on this machine like Neverwinter, Warcraft, Eve, and many others with no problem whatsoever. I even use the machine to enter Second Life and other Open Sim worlds with no issues.

I launch it from Origin or from its icon, same this happens. White screen and * down back to desk top.

Anyone have any idea why?

Message 1 of 5 (294 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@BellaDonnaCorium  Your dxdiag shows that the Nvidia graphics driver is crashing over and over and taking Sims 4 down with it.  Since the driver is old, you can simply download the newest one from Nvidia:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/172062/en-us

Run it as an admin: right-click on the driver download and select "Run as administrator."  Select the custom option and choose "perform a clean installation."  Restart your computer afterwards.

By the way, it looks like your monitor is plugged into the motherboard, not the graphics card.  You'll get better performance if you plug it directly into the GPU.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (230 Views)

All Replies

@BellaDonnaCorium  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And let me know what antivirus you use as well.

Message 2 of 5 (289 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi and thank you.

Windows Defender is what I use.

Yes, I already have that disabled as well as did the "repair" of the game with the same results.

Thank you so much for your help.

Message 3 of 5 (244 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BellaDonnaCorium  Your dxdiag shows that the Nvidia graphics driver is crashing over and over and taking Sims 4 down with it.  Since the driver is old, you can simply download the newest one from Nvidia:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/172062/en-us

Run it as an admin: right-click on the driver download and select "Run as administrator."  Select the custom option and choose "perform a clean installation."  Restart your computer afterwards.

By the way, it looks like your monitor is plugged into the motherboard, not the graphics card.  You'll get better performance if you plug it directly into the GPU.

Message 4 of 5 (231 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again,

It's finally working and I can't thank you enough. Also, I plugged in the monitor correctly and made sure to show my husband that he had it wrong...lol!

Funny note here: Even the Origin Live Chat Rep couldn't figure it out even *after* I gave him what I gave to you. *smh*

Anyway, thanks so much again for your help. 

BD ♥

Message 5 of 5 (215 Views)