Re: Sims 4 island living unable to travel/do anything glitch

by erika21001

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 island living unable to travel/do anything glitch

★★★ Newbie

I just bought island living and for some reason I’ve been having this glitch where I basically can't click on anything. I’ll try to click on the skills, relationship, inventory, simology, clubs, and when I click on the career i have to click it twice to open. After that I can't travel by phone or by clicking on the lot I want to go to, I also can't click on the 3 dots in the corner to exit game, In build mode the items don't show up and I can't go to manage worlds, when I try to the screen turns black but I can still click things. My sims will continue to work fine in the lot they are in now, but everything I said above just does not work. I’ve restarted my pc and repaired the game multiple times, I do have mods in but majority of them I've never had a problem with, it was when I got island living that problems started.

Message 1 of 3 (1,651 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@erika21001

Just because your mods worked before without a problem does not mean that they continue to work properly.
Each patch changes the scripts in the game and if the mod was based on an old script before the patch it will break the game. If the patch will change such a script, the mod created on the basis of this script must also be updated - if the mod will be not updating it will break the game
Try doing a factory reset as is described below
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes. Save and check if this problem disappeared in the new game
If yes
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,638 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@erika21001

Just because your mods worked before without a problem does not mean that they continue to work properly.
Each patch changes the scripts in the game and if the mod was based on an old script before the patch it will break the game. If the patch will change such a script, the mod created on the basis of this script must also be updated - if the mod will be not updating it will break the game
Try doing a factory reset as is described below
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes. Save and check if this problem disappeared in the new game
If yes
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (1,639 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! Did this and then went through my script mods and turns out the recent patch affected one and now everything is working good Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (1,626 Views)