Re: Sims 4 is really slow and laggy :(

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 is really slow and laggy :(

★ Novice

I had an laptop with my sims and expansion packs on it but my laptop went into an never ending loop for auto restart,so i couldn't get back onto it. So i got another laptop and downloaded my sims and re downloaded my expansions pack. It did have a pop up saying doing this will effect the gameplay. My game is super slow to load up and really laggy. What can i do? I wanna start playing on my sims again

Message 1 of 5 (377 Views)

@Aheagokitty  With Origin/Windows installs, everyone gets the pop-up that running the game with all packs enabled may cause performance issues.  Whether it actually does or not depends on the specs of the computer.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, so I can see what hardware your laptop has, as well as errors and drivers and other relevant info.  You can attach the dxdiag to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what world you're currently playing in, and whether you use mods and/or custom content.  Some third-party add-ons are better made than others.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (360 Views)

★ Novice

this is it

Message 3 of 5 (310 Views)

★ Novice

Im currently in the world where it involves dogs and cats i dont remember. And yest o use lots of mods, like ,sliceoflife, and etc and i downloaded cc's

Message 4 of 5 (307 Views)
Highlighted

@Aheagokitty  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section, since you originally posted in the Sims 3 section.  (I saw your subject line but thought it might have been a typo, hence my slightly off-base original questions.)

Your computer doesn't have a proper graphics card driver installed, so it's using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.  That would make the game would run slowly on any system.  So the first thing to do is install a driver.  Go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, choose your Windows version if necessary (Windows 10 build 1809 in your case), and look for an entry under Driver-Graphics.  Download and run it, then restart your computer.

However, with only 2 GB memory, I'm not sure you'll be able to play very well on this system.  4 GB RAM is really the bare minimum for the game these days, and 8 GB makes a big difference.  Your laptop would in fact support a RAM upgrade, even to 16 GB, if you're interested.  On the other hand, given the age of this laptop, I'm not sure how much you'd want to invest in it.

Still, your integrated graphics chip is always going to hold back performance.  You should be able to play on low settings, but that might be it.  You should see an improvement from having a proper graphics card driver though, and you'd see another improvement with more installed memory.  The question is whether it's worth it to you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (280 Views)