Sims 4 is not working

by Cattt246

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 is not working

★★ Novice

On Wednesday I played the Sims 4 and it worked just fine. Then on Thursday the new update came up. I updated it and when I tried to play the Sims 4 it would just come up in a small Window and I couldn't play it. Later I found a way for it to work again and I tried it out. The game opened fine and went to the menu and everything! Today when it got another update I (once again) downloaded it. This time when I tried to play it would open up and get to the opening part where it would say Sims 4and made by EA and all that. After that it would just freeze like that. The first time it happened I couldn't go back to Windows, I couldn't Escape, and I couldn't go to Windows Menu to start task manager. After finally loading and (almost) crashing I tried it again. It went to the same screen and just froze there. After that I went back to the update from yesterday and tried using that. It still didn't work. I also know I do not have any virus on my computer because before I started the game I ran a virus scan and all that. What's going on and how do I fix this? (I do have CC, but I played about a week with it and it did nothing to my game before.)

Message 1 of 4 (310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 is not working

Hero

The newest patch broke a lot of cc. So remove it and see if it then works.

If it does, put your cc back in groups to find out what is broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

All Replies

Hero

The newest patch broke a lot of cc. So remove it and see if it then works.

If it does, put your cc back in groups to find out what is broken.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (296 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! It works perfectly! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 3 of 4 (283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I remove the patch?

Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)