Re: Sims 4 is extremely laggy

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I'm finding this really confusing at the moment. I uninstall the driver from the link like you said to but then you tell me to double DDU.exe and then thats where I get lost. I can't find anything named DDU.exe on my laptop and I'm just so confused so can you please help me.

Message 21 of 45 (760 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  When you download Display Driver Uninstaller, you download a file labeled DDU v.[version number].exe.  It lands in your Downloads folder.  Double-click on it to run it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 45 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I've downloaded it and it's still not showing up in my downloads folder
Message 23 of 45 (726 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  Click on this (direct download link):

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU%20v18.0.2.4.exe

When your browser asks, choose "Save file," and it should be saved to Downloads.  If you don't see it, sort the Downloads folder by date modified: click the "date modified" header, and the download should be at the very top, or the very bottom if you click the header twice.

If you still don't see the download, use a different browser.

Message 24 of 45 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok so I got all that it was going fine. Until I got into safe mode. The option thing didn't show up and I was there for an hour trying to get out of safe mode. I don't know what to do, I might just leave it and try and delete and re-download Sims again. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Unless you can tell me what went wrong last time and what I can do to stop that from happening again, I don't want to try safe mode again. I don't want to damage my laptop. I could look up a tutorial on how to do this but what do you think? Please let me know Standard smile

Message 25 of 45 (689 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  What do you mean, the option didn't show up?  If you run DDU, choose Safe Mode, and click Reboot into Safe Mode, DDU should open automatically.  This guide has more thorough instructions, with a few extra screenshots:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

Any time you need to get out of Safe Mode, just hit Windows key-R, enter "msconfig" without quotes, click the Boot tab, uncheck the box next to "safe boot," and click Apply.  Then restart your computer, and you'll be in normal mode again.

The reason I suggested doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of the GPU driver is that your minidump file is very clear on the source of the error, or at least the source of that particular error.  It's a component of Windows that interacts with the GPU driver.  The problem could be Windows itself, not the Intel driver, but the first thing I suggested when you originally posted was running a couple of checks on your Windows system files.  So this is the approach most likely to be helpful, based on the available information.

If you do get more dump files (still in C:\Windows\Minidump), feel free to upload them, and I'll take a look and see if they flag anything else as well.

Message 26 of 45 (667 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Sorry I've been sick these past few days and haven't been able to reply i'll try that now thanks Standard smile
Message 27 of 45 (629 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  Don't worry about the delay; it happens.  If you still need help though, please run another dxdiag, so I can see what things look like now.

Message 28 of 45 (590 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok so I ran the thing and it didn't work sims was laggy and just didn't work, So I talked to my mam about it and she said I should try and reset my laptop because my laptop was starting to get laggy as well as Sims so I did and my laptops better and im going to try and re-install Sims. I'm really sorry if I messed things up but im just a person who wants to play Sims.       Again so sorry for the delay on replying

Message 29 of 45 (555 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  Really, you don't need to apologize for not responding right away.  People come back when they have time to troubleshoot, and it's always fine.

If you do have more issues, please run another dxdiag and attach it to a post, so I can see what your laptop looks like now.  But I hope the reset worked.

Message 30 of 45 (524 Views)