Re: Sims 4 is extremely laggy

by LunaLucy2211

Original Post

@LunaLucy2211  Your dxdiag has some new errors relating to the graphics card driver, and also a few other BlueScreens.  Please go into C:\Windows\Minidump, highlight the files from today and yesterday, right-click and Copy, then right-click on your desktop and select Paste.  (Windows probably won't allow you to drag and drop.)  Zip the files together, upload them to a third-party filehosting site, and link them here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 45 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Sorry how do I go into C:\Windows\minidump? i'm not that great at the 'technical' side of computers xD
Message 12 of 45 (726 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  You can type C:\Windows\Minidump (or copy and paste it) into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  You should see several files there.

Message 13 of 45 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  There was only 1 file there. I zipped it up anyway though. How do I upload it to a third-party filehosting site? Sorry I don't know how to do this.

Message 14 of 45 (671 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  There are many sites that offer free filesharing: Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.  Pick one, create an account if you don't already have one, and follow the site's instructions for uploading.  It's often as simple as dragging and dropping the file onto the upload window.

Message 15 of 45 (656 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  I've had to copy and paste the link instead, it was really confusing but here Standard smile. There was only 1 file as I said before. Hope it helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/43eojlkcicoohq7/minidump.zip?dl=0

Message 16 of 45 (620 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  Thanks.  I'll get back to you soon.

Message 17 of 45 (603 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@paolaelectra Still working on it Standard smile I'll let you know as soon as I get a solution
Message 18 of 45 (561 Views)

@LunaLucy2211  I apologize for the delay.  I'm trying to learn how to handle the debugging process myself, instead of relying entirely on the help (and limited free time) of someone else.  It's... an ongoing project.

The minidump flagged a driver associated with rendering the graphics on your computer.  Since you already installed a new HP driver, and you still got the error, try installing the newest driver from Intel instead:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29557/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=122590

Let me know if you can't run it, as is sometimes the case with HP laptops.  If you can't, redownload the newest driver from HP again, but instead of just running it, do a clean install instead.  Here's how:

Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3017

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then launch Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Intel if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, double-click the driver .exe to run it.  Restart again, go back online, and see whether the game works normally.  If not, let me know, and please upload any new dump files from the same location (C:\Windows\Minidump) as before.  I will definitely get back to you sooner this time.

Message 19 of 45 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Sorry I havn't got back to you yet. Trying to figure this out xD. I'll get back to you as soon as I'm finished with it
Message 20 of 45 (477 Views)