Re: Sims 4 is crashing constantly

by Tonybravo802

Original Post

Sims 4 is crashing constantly

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, movie stuff, the digital upgrade stuff, and the free ones
When did it happen?: It happened after I updated my game today. (The 6/19/18 patch)
What happens when the bug occurs?: After choosing a family to play as and on the map choosing their house, I play for about 1-2 minutes and the game freezes and crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes and I have already deleted them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made: I updated the game through origin.

Hello,

I just did the new patch update for the sims 4 but now I have a problem with my game. I can enter the game and choose a family to play as or even create a new one, but after I have selected the house and pressed the play button, my game crashes in about two minutes of gameplay. I have tried fixing the game and uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing happened.  For the past few days the game worked fine. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and if there might be a way to fix it? 

Thanks in advance.

I will include the Diaxdiag and the crash report.

Message 1 of 4 (1,065 Views)

★ Novice

Weird. I've had the game about a week or so and played about 40 hours without any issues up until today. Tonight after the patch, however, I've had the game hard freeze on me twice already. Not sure if it's connected or not. 

Message 2 of 4 (1,002 Views)

★ Novice
I just started a new game and the game is working fine??? The heck???
Message 3 of 4 (998 Views)

Hero

HI @Tonybravo802

sounds like some kind of save corruption maybe. 

A lot of mods/cc are outdated though.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (984 Views)