Re: Sims 4 is already running. [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

by bluepixiestix

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

that is some lucky 12 yr old, and they are going to need your help, I note your question, it must be embedded somewhere, and clearly makes no sense, I  tried a clean install when it all began

. I like you, started looking into this for my kids as well, but alas i dont have an I.T background.

I think this is an oversight on EA's part, its a permissions error, but not in a way that there is a straight forward work around. I initially tried every suggested tactic by peeps on here, and while following EA's support staff, which were a waste of time, if they cant find a quick fix, they just disconnect.

Good luck in finding the solution, It will take someone with your skills to find it.

meanwhile, the rest of us running windows 7 having this so called permission error, have had to use a different machine.

I would be most interested in your progress, as would hundreds of other players who gave up long ago, but love sims.

thanks , all the best, 

keep us updated.

Message 51 of 86 (2,667 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi again, long time ago in a galaxy far far away i was an it guy! Thinking that the add ons she downloaded are what is causing this problem because she played the game happily for about a month, ever accruing new accouterments. JTS
Message 52 of 86 (2,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Message 53 of 86 (2,638 Views)

★★ Novice

we have already tries this multiple times and the sims 4 does not appear to be running on task manager we even tries uninstalling orgin and the sims but that didn't work either please help 

Message 54 of 86 (2,614 Views)

★★ Novice

on your computer hit control alt delete then choose task manager

Message 55 of 86 (2,616 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Feb 9 2019. Brand new purchase & first time install of Origin and The Sims4. Windows 10

The common theme in this topic is that Windows is denying the game to run. It seems the problem is Windows Permissions.
The error message says that the game is already running, that is false, the problem is the game is missing permission to run. After experience with Sims2 + Sims3, this is EXACTLY the kind of mistake Electronic Arts has made before.

Every person may experience a slightly different solution than this. Because the problem is permissions, everyone's security settings maybe different. Here is the solution that worked for me:
1 Windows Security Centre
2 goto "allow an app through Controlled folder access"
- from Security Centre, open Virus & Threat Protection, open Ransomware Protection, click Allow An App.
- or from the search bar you can type "allowed apps" and it should get you there.
3 click the + sign to Add An Allowed App
4 navigate to your file folder with "Origin.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\)
4 navigate to your file folder with "TS4_x64.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\)
5 close the Origin lancher app, including from TaskManager, to make sure its not still in the background.
6 Run: TS4_x64.exe  (or however you normally run the game)

Hope this helps someone.
Even if your steps are different on your computer, the idea is Windows Security is the problem.
Good Luck

Message 56 of 86 (2,735 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 is already running. [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Feb 9 2019. Brand new purchase & first time install of Origin and The Sims4. Windows 10

The common theme in this topic is that Windows is denying the game to run. It seems the problem is Windows Permissions.
The error message says that the game is already running, that is false, the problem is the game is missing permission to run. After experience with Sims2 + Sims3, this is EXACTLY the kind of mistake Electronic Arts has made before.

Every person may experience a slightly different solution than this. Because the problem is permissions, everyone's security settings maybe different. Here is the solution that worked for me:
1 Windows Security Centre
2 goto "allow an app through Controlled folder access"
- from Security Centre, open Virus & Threat Protection, open Ransomware Protection, click Allow An App.
- or from the search bar you can type "allowed apps" and it should get you there.
3 click the + sign to Add An Allowed App
4 navigate to your file folder with "Origin.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\)
4 navigate to your file folder with "TS4_x64.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\)
5 close the Origin lancher app, including from TaskManager, to make sure its not still in the background.
6 Run: TS4_x64.exe

Hope this helps someone.
Even if your steps are different on your computer, the idea is Windows Security is the problem.
Good Luck

Message 57 of 86 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, however I am trying to play the free trial for Windows and there is no EA folder in documents. I have already tried reinstalling Origins and it has not worked. I have checked task manager and the Sims 4 is not there. I have * down the PC and restarted it. Nothing seems to work. 

Message 58 of 86 (2,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bluepixiestix I tried what you said but no origin or TS4 .exe was there to allow.
Message 59 of 86 (2,726 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

while i cant offer you a solution, I did want you to know that some of us have read your latest post, bluepixiestix has made a solid point based on our collective evidence, however, each one of us has had to find different work arounds, EA must know about this permissions issue, and in their unusual style, have offered no assistance to date. Perhaps now a good thread is established, you could reach out to EA and really Nag them about it, and I mean harass really, keep asking for help, daily,

I had to play sims 4 on a different machine entirely and it was fine, but that was after i had tried everything that has been mentioned plus many other ideas.

fingers crossed someone reading this has a better suggestion for you,

let us all know how you get on.

Message 60 of 86 (2,717 Views)