Re: Sims 4 interact not working

by Simer4Life06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 interact not working

★★★ Newbie

My sim characters can’t interact with other sim characters so the social need is very bad

Message 1 of 5 (7,449 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@Simer4Life06

- If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

- If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (7,434 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Simer4Life06

- If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is working properly. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

- If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (7,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much I am going to try this

Message 3 of 5 (7,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, i have this issue just now and well I have taken CC folders out. Looks to be a SIMS/EA issue as the Pie menu doesn't even come up. Was this ever solved ?? 

Message 4 of 5 (3,046 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread is a bit older now, so I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread and we'll be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

solaire.png

Message 5 of 5 (2,993 Views)