Re: Sims 4 installed, Origin won't run game

by greenean71

Original Post

Sims 4 installed, Origin won't run game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi all. I have a question about running my Sims 4 game on Windows 10. Previously, I had issues even getting Origin to run on Windows 10, but I finally got it working. My Sims 4 game shows up in Origin, but it gives me an option to download Sims 4 which I already have (plus expansions) and I have all my game files on my computer. I don't know why it's asking me to download the game.

A few months ago I changed hard drives and did a complete backup of it onto an external drive and a fresh install of Windows 10. I copied all my files over, including the Sims 4 files only to find out I had an issue with Origin. Now Origin is working but I can't run my game, almost like it can't read my Sims 4 files. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (410 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@greenean71 

You get the Download option because Origin has no idea that you manually copied the files. Doing that does not get the game to work. Choose to download it. After starting the game once you can copy over the content of the saves and Tray folders.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (372 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. So I basically just need to click on the download button and it will download the base game? After that, do I reinstall my EP's as well?

Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)

★ Apprentice
@greenean71 It might not actually download the game even. Origin will just initialize the files to check that you have all the game files downloaded. Incase you are missing anything. It will download them.
Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)