Sims 4 install loop

by TTVTheNubShadow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 install loop

★★★ Newbie

Ok so my sims 4 is stuck in a install loop I have been trying every solution I can find for 5 days now even went as far as completely trying over on my secondary computer fresh game install fresh origin install same issue just a endless install loop I bought the game on steam I’ve tried clearing all cache closeting old ipdate threads clean boot full uninstall to install everything I’ve toasted all my mods all my saved game files everything I just want to play the d*** game at this point 

Message 1 of 7 (519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 install loop

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Ea fixed the issue surprisingly apparently when I had the ea subscription 1 year ago origin accidentally synced it insted of the sims 4 game I bought after the ea subscription messed up…

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (456 Views)

All Replies

@TTVTheNubShadow  Try disabling your antivirus, if you use one.  And if you use a VPN, disable that as well.

If that doesn't help, please let me know what country you're in.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (492 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Ive disabled both windows defender and avast the switch to avg and ended up disabling that to just to see
Message 3 of 7 (488 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict didn’t see that last part I’m in the us
Message 4 of 7 (487 Views)

@TTVTheNubShadow  Okay, keep AVG disabled for now, and make sure there are no Avast services running in the Task Manager.  (They'd be under background processes.)  Please let me know where exactly the install stops, and what happens when it does.  If you get an error message, please post a screenshot.

For whichever computer you want to troubleshoot on, please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (477 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict No error messages or anything already made sure no antivirus was running anywhere
Message 6 of 7 (461 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Ea fixed the issue surprisingly apparently when I had the ea subscription 1 year ago origin accidentally synced it insted of the sims 4 game I bought after the ea subscription messed up…
Message 7 of 7 (457 Views)