Re: Sims 4 in Wrong Language Region

by purplekeish

Original Post

Sims 4 in Wrong Language Region

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

My friend purchased The Sims 4 Deluxe Edition and gave me the code as a gift. When I redeemed the code and tried to download the game I could only choose from 3 languages being Czech, Polish or Russian. Neither of us were aware that there were even specific language regions for the game and thought you could just choose English upon installation.

There's no way for me to refund the game as I've already redeemed the code but now I can't even purchase myself a version in English as I apparently already own the game!

I was just wondering if there's any way to remove the game from my library so I can purchase it in my language? 

Thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (437 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You need to contact Support. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&category=technical-support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did and after waiting over half an hour they were absolutely no help...

Message 3 of 5 (421 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There is unfortunately nothing we can do as we are just users too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@purplekeish 
The only way you could get rid of it - though of course, you will lose money - is to create a second account on Origin. It would be good if EA support wanted to delete your old account with this game, but it is not necessary. Before that, however, uninstall the game from your computer. Log in to your new account and buy from it a new game in Origin. Never log in to your old account.

I don't work for EA

Message 5 of 5 (413 Views)