Sims 4 immediate Crash

by isaac32767

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 immediate Crash

★★★★★ Novice

Running Windows 10.

A few months ago, I uninstalled Sims 4 and Origin. I just changed my mind about that, and did a fresh install. No mods. When I click on "Play" in Origin, Origin minimizes itself – and nothing seems to happen. If I restore Origin, the Play button is dimmed. After a couple minutes, it undims, indicating the game has crashed, I guess.

All S4 does before crashing is create the Sims 4 directory in Documents. The directory contains two empty directories (ConfigOverride and saves) and two empty files (UserData.lock and UserSetting.ini). 

I tried doing the usual manual uninstall of Sims 4, but that fixes nothing.

Message 1 of 6 (438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 immediate Crash

★★★★★ Novice

OK, I forgot to empty the trash can and reboot after doing the manual uninstall. Doing that eliminates the problem.

EA really needs to fix its uninstaller.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (343 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@isaac32767 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Done.

Message 3 of 6 (390 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@isaac32767 

Press Win - X and select one of these Command Prompt (admin), PowerShell (Admin) or Windows Terminal (Admin) depending on which one shows up.

First run this Command: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Then sfc /scannow

If you get an error, post it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No errors. 

(Thanks for helping.)

Message 5 of 6 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OK, I forgot to empty the trash can and reboot after doing the manual uninstall. Doing that eliminates the problem.

EA really needs to fix its uninstaller.

Message 6 of 6 (344 Views)