Sims 4 household wont load

by mizem88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 household wont load

★★★ Newbie

I've had Sims 4 for a while now. Ive had a lot of troubles with the game. I do have a lot of mods, but I use a mod conflict detector which tells me which mods are broken etc. I can start the game and it loads fine. I can see the map and everything, but when i go to click on a house (any house) it loads for a bit the takes me right back to the map! I tried the repair game option, that didnt help, I uninstalled Origin, and reinstalled, and  that didnt help either. Finally, i had to uninstall. Im waiting for it to reinstall right now so i hope that works. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks! 

Message 1 of 10 (1,727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 household wont load

Champion (Retired)

You are mistaken the Mod Conflict Detector detects if there are conflicts between mods and CC (hence the name).

Your issue is typical for broken Mods. so Remove all Mods and CC. Look for updates where you got it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,748 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

You are mistaken the Mod Conflict Detector detects if there are conflicts between mods and CC (hence the name).

Your issue is typical for broken Mods. so Remove all Mods and CC. Look for updates where you got it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (1,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh. Thank you!! Is there any way I can get my mods and cc back or do i just have to live without?

Message 3 of 10 (1,655 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As I wrote look for updates to it or a confirmation from the author that it still works. Otherwise add the rest back a little at a time while testing the game to see if they are broken.

Message 4 of 10 (1,640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@mizem88 wrote:

I've had Sims 4 for a while now. Ive had a lot of troubles with the game. I do have a lot of mods, but I use a mod conflict detector which tells me which mods are broken etc. I can start the game and it loads fine. I can see the map and everything, but when i go to click on a house (any house) it loads for a bit the takes me right back to the map! I tried the repair game option, that didnt help, I uninstalled Origin, and reinstalled, and  that didnt help either. Finally, i had to uninstall. Im waiting for it to reinstall right now so i hope that works. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Thanks! 

hello, I've had the same problem where only the household wont load and also CAS neither (it loads but the sims do not). I have removed my mods folder but the problem still occurs? any help would be amazing!

thanks 

Message 5 of 10 (1,560 Views)

★★ Pro

@xX_maevesims_Xx

If you've already removed your mods folder, have you deleted the game cache and localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder?

How to Delete Cache Files - https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Deleting the cache files will remove all traces of mods and custom content that were tied to your game.

Launch the game again and try a new save to test - without the mods folder. If it loads and plays okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

Testing like this will help determine if it's a mod issue, cc issue or a vanilla game issue. - Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

Message 6 of 10 (1,550 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@172e3cda00349872 wrote:

@xX_maevesims_Xx

If you've already removed your mods folder, have you deleted the game cache and localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder?

How to Delete Cache Files - https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Deleting the cache files will remove all traces of mods and custom content that were tied to your game.

Launch the game again and try a new save to test - without the mods folder. If it loads and plays okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

Testing like this will help determine if it's a mod issue, cc issue or a vanilla game issue. - Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

ok thank you I will try!

Message 7 of 10 (1,536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@172e3cda00349872 wrote:

@xX_maevesims_Xx

omg thank you so much it worked I will go through my mods folder to see which mod is out dated, thanks again

Message 8 of 10 (1,534 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@xX_maevesims_Xx wrote:

@172e3cda00349872 wrote:

@xX_maevesims_Xx

omg thank you so much it worked I will go through my mods folder to see which mod is out dated, thanks again

sorry to interut you again but when I moved my mods folder all my mods disappeared, is there anyway I can get them back? I have tried ctrl + z but nothing happened

Message 9 of 10 (1,533 Views)

You can just move it back in to The Sims 4 folder.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 10 (1,509 Views)