Re: Sims 4 household won't load

by GiannaMSims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 household won't load

★ Novice
Everything seems to work fine, the game loads, the neighborhood loads. But every time I attempt to play a household the loading screen comes up and then takes me back to the neighborhood again. Happens with every family, I've tried to move them or travel, still takes me back to the neighborhood. I have no mods and I am updated.
Message 1 of 11 (109,846 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

This seems to be due to a corrupted save game.

Try this

• Close the game
  • Move your documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves folder to the desktop
  • Start a new game for testing purposes and see if it works now
  • If so, exit your game and put the game named slot00000002.save from your folder on the desktop back into the new saves folder
  • Start the game and see if it loads If so, proceed for every game (except slot00000001.save) and see if you find the corrupt one. Do not worry about the slot1, or the two folders in the saves folder. They are not needed.
  • If you found which save is bugged, you need to decide if you want to try and save it or not.
  • If you do, check if you have any files called slot0000000X.save.ver0 -  slot0000000X.save.ver0 (X is the number of your bugged save).
  • If you do, move the slot0000000X.sav back to the folder on your desktop and move the ver0 file to the active folder and rename slot0000000X.save.ver0 to slot0000000X.save. 
  • If it still doesn't work, try any of the other backups.
  • Once you found a working save game, immediately use save as to save it under a new name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (123,402 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try this

• Close the game
  • If so, exit your game and put the game named slot00000002.save from your folder on the desktop back into the new saves folder
  • Start the game and see if it loads If so, proceed for every game (except slot00000001.save) and see if you find the corrupt one. Do not worry about the slot1, or the two folders in the saves folder. They are not needed.
  • If you found which save is bugged, you need to decide if you want to try and save it or not.
  • If you do, check if you have any files called slot0000000X.save.ver0 -  slot0000000X.save.ver0 (X is the number of your bugged save).
  • If you do, move the slot0000000X.sav back to the folder on your desktop and move the ver0 file to the active folder and rename slot0000000X.save.ver0 to slot0000000X.save. 
  • Once you found a working save game, immediately use save as to save it under a new name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (123,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem so annoying !! EA PLEASE FIX THIS
Message 3 of 11 (109,645 Views)

★★ Novice

I just wanted to note that once I followed the instructions here, and once I got to the same point in time where the first save corrupted, the save corrupted again, under very similar circumstances. My teen male was in his workout clothes and I wanted him to write a book. I went to click on the computer (the Ghostwriter, I believe) and nothing happened. That's when I knew I had the same issue.

I did not, as I probably should have, do a Save As and start a new save. That's the part that maybe should be added to the instructions. I'm going to play through (again) and see if that works around the issue. @crinrict, I'm in QA by trade (not with EA), so I'm willing and able to work through this as needed, if you need more info.

Message 4 of 11 (109,622 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

I've added that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (109,605 Views)

★ Novice

I dont understand what the instructions are telling you to do can you explain a bit clearer?

@crinrict wrote:

Try this

• Close the game

Message 6 of 11 (109,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sims game has this same problem and I can not sort it out. If you can help. It will be appreciated

Message 7 of 11 (109,135 Views)

★ Novice
I deleted my saved files and I started up the game and put my Sims I saved to the gallery. And It's 100% functional. Thank you so much. I did lose my previous game But I didn't care.
Message 8 of 11 (108,705 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. I hav tried playing different households but nothing loads. Help what can I do!!!!! 

Message 9 of 11 (107,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You fixed it, Crin!  It took some time because I had quite a few saves, but my game was doing the same thing and following your instructions fixed it.  I am so very grateful.  It not only fixed it, but I was able to duplicate it and prevent it from happening again.  So happy!  Thanks very much!

Message 10 of 11 (107,815 Views)