Sims 4 has stopped working

by mazzykist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 has stopped working

★★ Novice

Downloaded Sims 4 onto new MSI gaming laptop and worked fine, next morning tried to play game and getting Error that "The Sims 4 has stopped working".  I have tried repairing the game & uninstalling/reinstalling game and still receiving error.  I have tried most everything in the threads to fix the issue, but I am at a loss. Please help!

Message 1 of 13 (4,174 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 has stopped working

Hero

Just saw that you have crashes with this: nahimic2OSD.dll

It belongs to an program called Nahimic that comes with MSI related product.

Try disabling or uninstalling the program.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (4,102 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,167 Views)

★★ Novice
No mods and no custom content. It is frustrating. I have done everything that the "customer experience" reps from EA have instructed me. I was able to delete my saves and the game loaded, but after a few hours it slowed to a crawl. Once I saved, exited, and restarted the game, once again it failed to launch. Deleting the saves did not work the second time. i have been wracking the forums trying to find a solution.
Message 3 of 13 (4,138 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (4,134 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello there,

I am new to helping, but I've encountered this issue before, so I will try to help you as much as I can, this normally occurs due to screen resolution being higher than the size of your monitor,

Firstly, go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Options(.ini)

Then, find "resolutionwidth", if you can't find it, press CTRL + F at the same time and search "resolutionwidth" without ", change it to your screen resolution, which can be found in your

computer settings, then do the same for "resolutionlength" however sometimes your options file may not have this.

If this does not fix the crashing, try repairing the game from the origin client, which should also install any programs the game requires to play.

Hope I helped,

Message 5 of 13 (4,125 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your help!

Message 6 of 13 (4,094 Views)

Hero

You have both a graphics card and a chip

Make sure the game runs on the card: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Setting-Up-a-Graphics-Card-Gaming-Profile/td-p/5704790

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (4,081 Views)

★★ Novice

It is set at my correct screen resolution.  Thank you so much for trying.  I wish it were that!  It just sucks that I was able to play the game when I first installed on this PC but it stopped launching the next morning.  I deleted some saved files and it worked again for a few hours before screeching to a halt and forcing me to restart the game.  Unfortunately it refused to launch back up and here I am trying everything!  I do appreciate your response. 

Message 8 of 13 (4,080 Views)

Hero

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (4,103 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

I just closed that program and Sims4 launched!  You rock!  Thank you so much.  I owe you a beer or something!  hahah

Message 10 of 13 (4,060 Views)