Sims 4 greyed out on Origin

by Loubear91

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 greyed out on Origin

★★★ Newbie

Mine did also i updated my sims 4 game and then i was ready to play it after watching it update. Then i shut my computer down while it was updating so i don't know if that's why mine is messed up or what.

Message 11 of 21 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So does this mean that i can just uninstall the sims 4 with no problem i can just reuse all my codes like it's a fresh new game?

Message 12 of 21 (842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But, how did you get into the game. Cause if the play button was greyed out dosen't that mean that you couldn't play?

Message 13 of 21 (842 Views)

Community Manager

@blossombcutie18 Hi,

If you interrupted the update process and now cannot select play, try the below: 

First off, please make sure you start Origin with Administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".

Are you able to progress now?

If you cannot, please re-start Origin with administrator rights then just right click the game tile and choose uninstall. Next download and install the game once more and report back here.

You will not have to purchase the game again. Your codes are associated with your account so just make sure you do login in to the same one you had initially registered your Sims 4 with.

Hope that clarifies that, let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 14 of 21 (827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but what do you do if it's a dlc that is faded gray? I had pre-ordered Get Together and it's grayed out and I can't use it. Nothing seems to work to fix it.

Message 15 of 21 (743 Views)

EA DICE Team

@JamZEE124

I couldn't find Sims 4 on the account you posted on. Due to this I was unable to check if this is related to an issue with your order. Meanwhile you can try to clear your Origin cache. When done, run Origin as administrator

If clearing the cache doesn't help, please contact a Game Advisor to have them check your order status.

Message 16 of 21 (3,414 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem! It's happened to me before, but usually it resolved itself pretty easily or a simple restart would do the trick, but now it's two nights in a row I've been unable to play, and this time it's just after buying one of the expansions, so I'm more than a little put out.

Message 17 of 21 (722 Views)

EA DICE Team

@AnneCatDetective

What happens if you follow the steps I mentioned earlier?

Message 18 of 21 (714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've now got this issue!! only last played on August 15 and no problems then!! also a lot of my games have disappeared from "my games" tab in origin as i had sims 3 and 2 on it?!!

I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall as it takes forever and ill lose my current played games and content!!!! Help

Message 19 of 21 (678 Views)

EA DICE Team

@carebear25

Please try the steps that I've suggested in my previous post - this will not delete your game progress. You can also try the Repair Game option by right-clicking Sims 4 from within Origin.

Message 20 of 21 (655 Views)