Re: Sims 4 goals have disappeared

by burin077

Original Post

Sims 4 goals have disappeared

★★★ Newbie

Basically I just got Get famous or whatever  and  when I go to do the acting the timer is the only thingy that appears! Yes I do have my prestige events on and they work but it’s just when I go to work with my Sims when this happens! I have tried everything I can possibly think of😭I’ve deleted all my mods and the problem was still there, I repaired my game on origin various times, my games up to date and I spent hours reinstalling the Sims 4 & the expansion packs and yet the issues still there!!! I NEED HELP!

Message 1 of 3 (1,051 Views)

@edy2416  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,008 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Looks like something either from one of the mods, or a previous repair might have affected your Acting Career goals. A few things to try:

1: Go to your Sims 4 documents folder, remove all your mods, and also remove the localthumbcache.package file. (This file can occasionally hold onto previous mod information, which can affect gameplay.)

2: Attempt to perform the same action with another Sim. (Don't use the same Sim; see if it's Sim-specific.)

3: Restore the game to factory settings. (Crinrict's steps on how to do that are here.)

4: If possible, attempt to install Sims 4 on another computer and duplicate the steps taken.

Beyond that, if anyone else has additional steps to try, please feel free to chime in.

- B

Message 3 of 3 (1,005 Views)