Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Sims 4 game stuck saving!

by unigrandma

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 game stuck saving!

★★★ Newbie
no it doesn't work - I force quit the sims 4 and it doesn't save. So no, I will not have happy gaming...
Message 11 of 19 (679 Views)

Hero

Hi @kieraaaab

could you give a bit more details ? This is a very old thread with a bit of a mixture of things

• Does it happen all the time or was it a one time thing ?
  • Are you using mods/cc ?
  • Was it stuck saving as the thread title suggests or did you not have the option to save at all ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 19 (666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

Try ctrl+alt+del open the task manager, then force close TS4.exe.

My problem is that today i was playing my game and when i wanted to save (not quit just save) it just loaded the saving screan for ages and ages and i had to restrast my computer but i lost everything and it kept happening over and over again! Even when i aged up a baby and i used cas.fulleditmode to go in cas to edit my sim and when i was finished and clicked on the check button it just got stuck on the loading screen for ever! Please help me!

Message 13 of 19 (463 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
That’s exactly what happened to me and i thought I was the only one... 😂 Thankyou it also helps if you save before entering CAS but Thankyou x
Message 14 of 19 (362 Views)

★★★★ Novice
where do you try ctrl+...?- where is the task manager
Message 15 of 19 (354 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do save my game before i press exit. but i still have to force the game to close. But i am glad after reading this . Im not the only one having trouble closing out . 

Message 16 of 19 (264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this issue just now with saving a household. I had edited my sims to have clothes, their icons didn't load in game despite they had already generated in CAS just fine, so I explicitly went to save to exit the household and see if that reloaded the icons. So I just lost all those edits.

Just before I started playing, I also had this happen when I was saving a gallery Sim to my library, before I had even loaded my worlds and was on the title screen. I had to force quit and load the game again.

Message 17 of 19 (162 Views)

Game Changer

@aresvallis 
I do not know if you have them but try removing (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.
More Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

Message 18 of 19 (148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm a new Sims 4 player with a brand new, fresh clean install of the game. It was fine for a few days but when the Island Living patch came out I started experiencing all sorts of issues. I don't have any mods.

I don't think the cache or unloaded items is the issue with the random saving-a-gallery-sim hangup I experienced in Gallery prior to even loading any saves, either.

Message 19 of 19 (123 Views)
sims-all-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help