Sims 4 game stuck saving!

by unigrandma

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 game stuck saving!

★★★ Newbie
no it doesn't work - I force quit the sims 4 and it doesn't save. So no, I will not have happy gaming...
Message 11 of 21 (5,070 Views)

Hero

Hi @kieraaaab

could you give a bit more details ? This is a very old thread with a bit of a mixture of things

• Does it happen all the time or was it a one time thing ?
  • Are you using mods/cc ?
  • Was it stuck saving as the thread title suggests or did you not have the option to save at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 21 (5,059 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

Try ctrl+alt+del open the task manager, then force close TS4.exe.

My problem is that today i was playing my game and when i wanted to save (not quit just save) it just loaded the saving screan for ages and ages and i had to restrast my computer but i lost everything and it kept happening over and over again! Even when i aged up a baby and i used cas.fulleditmode to go in cas to edit my sim and when i was finished and clicked on the check button it just got stuck on the loading screen for ever! Please help me!

Message 13 of 21 (4,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That’s exactly what happened to me and i thought I was the only one... 😂 Thankyou it also helps if you save before entering CAS but Thankyou x
Message 14 of 21 (4,755 Views)

★ Novice
where do you try ctrl+...?- where is the task manager
Message 15 of 21 (4,747 Views)

★★ Novice

I do save my game before i press exit. but i still have to force the game to close. But i am glad after reading this . Im not the only one having trouble closing out . 

Message 16 of 21 (4,661 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this issue just now with saving a household. I had edited my sims to have clothes, their icons didn't load in game despite they had already generated in CAS just fine, so I explicitly went to save to exit the household and see if that reloaded the icons. So I just lost all those edits.

Just before I started playing, I also had this happen when I was saving a gallery Sim to my library, before I had even loaded my worlds and was on the title screen. I had to force quit and load the game again.

Message 17 of 21 (4,559 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@daedaliavallis 
I do not know if you have them but try removing (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.
More Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 18 of 21 (4,541 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm a new Sims 4 player with a brand new, fresh clean install of the game. It was fine for a few days but when the Island Living patch came out I started experiencing all sorts of issues. I don't have any mods.

I don't think the cache or unloaded items is the issue with the random saving-a-gallery-sim hangup I experienced in Gallery prior to even loading any saves, either.

Message 19 of 21 (4,516 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @kieraaaab

could you give a bit more details ? This is a very old thread with a bit of a mixture of things

• Does it happen all the time or was it a one time thing ?
  • Are you using mods/cc ?
  • Was it stuck saving as the thread title suggests or did you not have the option to save at all ?

Too Many Problems in Too Little Time
Hi - I am not the original poster to whom you replied, but hoping you can help since Maxis apparently believes this issue is "solved". (Why is this thread marked "solved"? It's more than 2 years since this thread was started and I'm experiencing the same issue. Yo Maxis Guys - you reading this?! Cntrl+Alt+Delete/ending the program cold is not a "solve"). You, though kind techy guy, I appreciate that you go around answering people's questions and offering support.

I have experienced this several times - both online and offline. It becomes frozen when I save, on the load screen when I save, (after I've selected to "save game" in settings, it loads to save and that's where it freezes).
I have tried saving more frequently, (in case it may be due to an overload of data) and it still happens after a few saves.
I have no CC, as I've just purchased these on a new laptop with no previous SIMS data and have not yet created/downloaded any CC. I am using a laptop (as opposed to a modified Switch or anything) with a mouse, (no controller). I occasionally use mods - only Maxis mods standard for the game ("cheats" entered into the "cheat menu")
I have also experienced the glitch getting stuck holding objects, (three times - I finally released the object using Esc, which caused it to default to original position, before moved, however, it doesn't resolve the issue as any other object lifted or taken from the buy menu will become locked in grasp. The only "fix" seems to be restarting the game. At first, I thought it was some fault of mine, (inadvertently double-clicking the middle wheel of the mouse while grasping an object etc.). Thinking it was something I'd done, rather than a glitch I might accidentally save into my program is what led me to try saving, despite the glitch (as I did not want to rebuild all the progress I'd made since the former save) and of course, it froze on load during saving. *facepalm*

I purchased SIMS 4 with Vampires, Magical Realm, Seasons and Romantic Garden pack to start out, with a day between each patch to be sure it was working properly, (and also because there was another issue loading my library) - I was not the only one at the same time (within 2 minutes) experiencing any of these issues and this has all been within a week. I also experienced a third issue which is still unresolved, using "bb.moveobjects on" where the objects fail to raise in place, instead glitching to one place in my build - same place every time. This may also be a setting I was not aware of, (user issue) as it only happens on raising an object and the object defaults to the position I initially raised an object - it does not matter how many times I reload, this still happens on that particular build, (usually in SIMS 4 and certain other versions the game cheats are not saved into the program when you save = when you start a new session you must re-enter any "cheats"). For a fourth issue, Maxis seems to be down a lot - to the is this just due to coronavirus and low staff or something? I just never experienced so many issues with a reputable, well-established game in so little time. I did opt-in to Beta. I don't know if that might have a correlation to some of these issues...  

TLDR; Read bold, (which, if you're too lazy says it becomes frozen when I save on load screen when saving, no mods or only occasional cheats for building (moveobjects on)/no CC, Beta version opt-in
new user on SIMS4 and games: Magical Realm/Vampires/Seasons/Romantic Garden, Multiple glitches concurrently)  

Thanks for taking the time and effort to whomever reads this - it's a long one. Will include screenshots if you need them, please just ask. 

Message 20 of 21 (4,209 Views)