Re: Sims 4 game stuck saving!

by stormsview

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 game stuck saving!

★★ Novice
My sims 4 is stuck saving. The game goes on in the background and I have no control over it. I have tried to restart my computer but it won't let me. It won't even let me close the game. I desperately need help. I have the PC version.
Message 1 of 21 (82,346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Try ctrl+alt+del open the task manager, then force close TS4.exe.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (89,826 Views)

All Replies

Try ctrl+alt+del open the task manager, then force close TS4.exe.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 21 (89,827 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much!
Message 3 of 21 (82,297 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has also been happening to me lately. Does anyone know what is causing it. The only way I can close Sims 4 is to sign out of my laptop and force close Origin, as the Task Manager will not show up on top of the open Sims game and the game will not minimise

Message 4 of 21 (80,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem too, and what seems to cause it is if something else in the game has not loaded in, and you go to save. Example, if your sims avatar picture in the bottom left corner is blank, and you go to save, it will get stuck, because the game is trying to save something that isn't 100% loaded. The biggest cause for this is Custom Content hair, which often doesn't load properly in your Sims avatars, especially on Children and Toddlers. There is a similar glitch in CAS, where if you try to upload a household to the gallery while preview pictures on the right haven't loaded in, you will encounter the same problem. Hope this helped. Wink

Message 5 of 21 (79,544 Views)

★★ Novice

I've noticed this, but is there a way to get through it or wait it out without losing all of your progress?

Message 6 of 21 (79,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately not. I've left mine on all day and night before and had no such luck. To help prevent this from happening again, it's a good idea to always check that everything is loaded in before you save. Also, save more frequently! Sometimes if you don't save for a few hours, that can be a lot for your game to handle when you finally do save! And, If you have CC, I find that saving before entering CAS is a good idea, so I don't lose any game progress should any of the CC not render properly. Take screenshots of the outfits(Press C) if you're worried you'll struggle to recreate the outfit later should the game crash/freeze. Removing corrupt CC files can help prevent this problem happening, XUrbanSimsX has some helpful videos on how to remove bad CC files, which might be handy. Always check before uploading to the gallery that all the icons/pictures are loaded in. Also if there is any CC you don't use/like anymore, its not a bad idea to remove it, rather than leave it piling up in your game (Like I did Large smile ) Hope this helped! Wink

Message 7 of 21 (79,173 Views)

★ Guide

This problem with logging out of sims/Origin seems to be a growing problem.

I just Save my Sims game before I log out, or exit. So try to save your game before you log out or Exit your game. it works better this way for most, with just simply Save, that way if you have to force a logout or have to restart or shutdown your computer your game is already saved. I have not had to go that far but I know some have. My log outs are slower then they should be, but doing it this way seems to be correcting the problem. 

Hope this helps, I am not an EA employee I am just trying to help. So if it did help please grant XP points ty.

Message 8 of 21 (79,150 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is currently happening to me. Did you ever find out why, or how to resolve?

Message 9 of 21 (76,255 Views)

Hero
There's not much you can do when it's stuck. Try the solution posted above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (76,227 Views)