Re: Sims 4 game stuck saving!! (Microsoft Windows 10)

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 game stuck saving!! (Microsoft Windows 10)

★ Novice

Hello fellow Simmers! Heart My game will not save & is stuck saving. This has been going on for me for the past month. I'll play for literally hours & try to save it & it will stay stuck on the saving screen forever. I've tried removing my CC & that didn't work. Please Help!!

Message 1 of 6 (21,083 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jasabella9397

Did you put all the folders back and it worked and then it stopped working again?
100 baby challenge, so yous household has 101 sims? (okay just read about it so no, okay).

What you could try is if you have mods, remove all them for a while and play the game, does it work?
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works then you might have a broken mod. 

If it still does not work then you could try by removing some saves instead. For example for me, it seems like my save 8 is biggest, so I could remove all those files and see if the game runs well without it.
Skärmklipp.PNG

Missing pictures.. Like the small ones there are eight of or the one of your active sim?
Sounds like a cc/mod issue..

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (21,551 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@jasabella9397

Do you get an error message or does it just load forever?

Try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Repair your game. Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (21,058 Views)

★ Novice

@CMeki

I didn't get an error message, it would just load forever. I let it sit there & try to load for about an hour before I gave up & force closed it!

I backed up my game as you told me & put the files back & tested the game out in between the placement of each file. Everything seemed to be working out fine & then all of a sudden, BOOM, it's happening again. I also forgot to mention before that I am attempting the 100 Baby Challenge. Do you think that could have something to so with it? Like is that save file too large or something? I also noticed that the little pictures of your Sims at the bottom will go missing & I have no idea why. Sometimes they will come back & sometimes they won't & I took note that my game usually gets stuck saving if I save it while the little pictures are missing. 

Message 3 of 6 (21,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jasabella9397

Did you put all the folders back and it worked and then it stopped working again?
100 baby challenge, so yous household has 101 sims? (okay just read about it so no, okay).

What you could try is if you have mods, remove all them for a while and play the game, does it work?
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works then you might have a broken mod. 

If it still does not work then you could try by removing some saves instead. For example for me, it seems like my save 8 is biggest, so I could remove all those files and see if the game runs well without it.
Skärmklipp.PNG

Missing pictures.. Like the small ones there are eight of or the one of your active sim?
Sounds like a cc/mod issue..

Message 4 of 6 (21,552 Views)

★ Guide
@jasabella9397 Ive had this problem for ages but ive noticed when i close origin and go OFFLINE it doesnt happen anymore
Message 5 of 6 (15,405 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (15,368 Views)