Sims 4 - game not playable after patch in febuary

by VeronicaJ

Original Post

Sims 4 - game not playable after patch in febuary

★★★ Newbie

i downloaded the lastet update yesterday and now i cant play the game. It starts as normal, i pick my household and i tried to fix the size of my roof and porch yesterday, but it wont let me. i can pick up stuff at first but not sell or place again, i cant change what sim im controlling and then the music starts to lagg, then the whole game freezes. I tried repairing it today on origin and went straight to controlling one of my sims, when it was time for him to work the game was in loading screen for a very long time, eventually i had to shut the game down. Do i have to reinstall? any suggestions?

I dont use mods, i play on PC, windows 10.

Message 1 of 6 (443 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - game not playable after patch in febuary

Champion (Retired)

Normally this points to a faulty Mod or CC. Are you sure you don't have anything in your Mods folder apart from Resource.cfg which must be there.?

Please post a DxDiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i reinstalled the game and the first time i tried running it windows crashed, and the second time i tried it froze before i got in the game, froze on a loading screen.

The rescource file you mentiond is in data/client file, there is a lot of other stuff there, should there just be that one? i dont have a mods folder, at least i cant find it with the rest of the folders

Thank you for reply, attached the dxdiag

Message 3 of 6 (417 Views)

★★ Novice

I know just how you feel. I updated mine and now I cannot play at all. people will not do anything and the whole game crashes, Had to delete a toddler before he starved to death. It said he was at daycare, yet,there he was,wetting himself because I could not get him to use the potty. I wish they would leave things alone.

Message 4 of 6 (411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah worked perfectly couple of days ago, now i cant touch it without freezing my whole computer. Hope they know how to fix it Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (409 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VeronicaJ

The Mods folder are by default located here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Your Graphics driver is a bit old please visit NVidia.com to upgrade it. You may want to install GeForce Experience which will help keeping the driver updated and can optimize settings for the games you have.

I also see that you have Discord which is responsible for a few crashes. Please try disabling it before starting the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (385 Views)