Sims 4 game keeps crashing

by christanutter

Original Post

Sims 4 game keeps crashing

★ Novice

I’ve read most of the topics about this but nothing seems to be helping. I have no mods or CC. I have all expansion packs except Eco lifestyle, 4 game packs, and 5 stuff packs. My computer still has plenty of memory and storage, all of my graphics setting are at the lowest and it still freezes and crashes. It does it about every 30 minutes so it’s to the point where I can hardly play because it takes at least 5 minutes for the game to completely load into my household. I don’t want to stop playing but at this point I have no idea what else to do. 

Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game keeps crashing

@christanutter  Please test in a clean folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just start a new save and play long enough to find out whether the issue reappears.  (You don't need to spend much time creating your sims, since this is just for testing, but if you happen to like them, you can preserve the save for later use.)

If the game still freezes or crashes in the clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)