Re: Sims 4 game is stuck in windowed mode and will not load up

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 game is stuck in windowed mode and will not load up

★★ Novice

Please help asap if you have an answer. This may be a silly question, but I have got a problem with Sims 4 windowed mode. I recently changed it to that and now because the game wont load in windowed mode, I can't think how to change it back to full screen without being in game.

Message 1 of 6 (12,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Could you try pressing alt+enter when the game is loading?
If that doesn't work add a -f in the Game Properties, this will force the game in full screen, hopefully you'll be able to change the settings after.
You can find the Game Properties by right clicking it in Origin and choose 'Game Properties' then go to the 'Advanced Launch Options' and add '-f' in the 'Command line arguments' box.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (12,852 Views)

All Replies

Could you try pressing alt+enter when the game is loading?
If that doesn't work add a -f in the Game Properties, this will force the game in full screen, hopefully you'll be able to change the settings after.
You can find the Game Properties by right clicking it in Origin and choose 'Game Properties' then go to the 'Advanced Launch Options' and add '-f' in the 'Command line arguments' box.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (12,853 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah, same here. For me, I can even close it... Hope the troubleshooting works!
Message 3 of 6 (11,993 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much the same thing was happening to me, and the Game Properties tip was a lifesaver!

Message 4 of 6 (11,670 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Phantomlover1717 OMG THANK YOU!!!!

I dont normally put it in windowed mode unless I have to get to my desktop for some reason and have always had the problem with getting nothing but a white screen. In the past the game sometimes loads after letting it sit open for an hour. Did not work today after 7+ tries to load it after I accidentally exited in windowed. Thank you for saving my sanity. 😱👍😜😛😂
Message 5 of 6 (10,951 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to hear it @aidans1985.Standard smile I'll mark Phantom's post as the Solution (see here for more on XP and solutions) and close the thread here. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (10,936 Views)