Re: Sims 4 not responding/not loading after certain cc installation

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 game files

★★ Novice

I think I accidentally installed a sims 3 mod onto sims 4 without realizing which caused the game to not open at all when selected from origin and the shortcut icon. Origin would go off its screen as if it were opening sims but come back up. I identified the mod and removed it and the game started working again but the game wouldn't actually load. It would freeze on the sims 4 logo but never load into the menu or the plumbob.I haven't been able to get the game working since. I've tried repairing the game and everything but it just won't load anymore. What did I do and what should I do? I've taken out my mods ans the game loads up fine without them but there are certain mods it's not supporting anymore even though before i put the mod in they were doing just fine. Did I corrupt them? What happened?

Message 3 of 6 (1,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 game files

Hero (Retired)
@DirtyKittyRawr15

Removing mods isn't enough. And you never now after such huge update if your issue is related only to one mod. Near 100% TS4 scripts mods were affected and part of CC related to CAS.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,815 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 not responding/not loading after certain cc installation

★★ Novice

I have counted over 5 thousand mods installon my sims 4 game (I know, its alot). And since theres so many mods it usually takes longer for sims to boot up. What usually happens is it opens the game, shows the ea and maxis logos then after the sims 4 logo animation is done it freezes for about 5 to 10 minutes saying it's not responding then it loads into the plumblob. 

My issue is I have downloaded 4 or 5 new custom content eyelashes because I forgot to download some for my child sims. I ended up getting carried away and ended up getting about 4 or 3 more cc eyelashes with the Kijiko eyelashes version 2 for kids. After I installed them however, my game just comepletely flatlined. I was not able to open thee game at all. After i clicked the play button on origin it would go off the origin screen as if opening sims then it wouldn't open it and put the origin screen back up. I located the problem was eyelash sliders i got so i deleted them and went to open the game. It opened howeverafter the sims 4 logo it said it wasn't responding for a longer period of time. I estimated more than 30 mins because my screensaver came up due to me inactively waiting on it to load. I then deleted all the new cc files i downloaded but that didn't work. So imoved my mods to a diff folder and added them in chunks seeing how much it could take. Ultimately i ended up putting in about 3 thousand of my 5 thousand mods in before it stopped loading again which confused me becausesims 4 doesnt have a mod limit nor did these mods give me trouble in the game before the installation of the 4 new mods. I assume the sliders corrupted some of my mods?? I did also at one point accidentally move the save folder out of the sims 4 folder because my mouse bugged out while i was playing but it didnt affect my game so I quickly moved it back in but this was before the new cc so hopefully that didn't do anything. (It loaded up fine even after i did it tho so this isnt the issue im sure) I'm not sure but I really need help. I repaired my game countless times, repaired it without and with mods and restarted my computer but sims 4 just isn't the same now. I really would appreciate if someone told me what the heck is going on. If needed I can try and see what the cc I downloaded was and give you the links. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,856 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@DirtyKittyRawr15

You must be aware that after each expansion pack, and after each patch of the game, part of the CC may become incompatible with the game.
You never know if the CC you download is going to work well with the game or if it's an old CC that will break the game. Checking after each crash of the game, which of your mods or CC just got spoiled, is the price you pay for using CC.
Fix the game in Origin.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (1,843 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@DirtyKittyRawr15

Removing mods isn't enough. And you never now after such huge update if your issue is related only to one mod. Near 100% TS4 scripts mods were affected and part of CC related to CAS.
Fix the game in Origin.

I don't work for EA
Message 4 of 6 (1,816 Views)

★★ Novice

I figured it out. It was a mod that slipped under my radar. It was not named accordingly to what I had downloaded so I couldn't find it properly to remove it along with  the others. 

Message 5 of 6 (1,792 Views)

★★ Novice

There was custom content  that slipped under my radar that was not named accordingly to what i had downloaded. I removed it and my game is working properly. I don't know what is in the coding of the custom content that i downloaded but it's very broken from what i experienced. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,793 Views)