Sims 4 game deleted

by Squiddykinns

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 game deleted

★★★ Newbie

The sims 4 was bought for me as a gift about 2.5 years ago and it's been about a year give or take since I've played it. Well I tried to play it tonight and when it told me I needed to put in the product code or whatever it's called. So, I searched through my emails and the other email it may have been associated with and there was no conformation email  concerning my Sims 4 to be found and my order history is blank, library didn't have my game and I even chatted with a service rep. and he/she tried all the different emails and different options trying to help me to no avail. (they were being great throughout this, it's origin/ea whatever it is I'm angry at ) So because it's been so long and  also we don't have any proof of actually purchasing the sims 4 online I'm empty handed and there goes all that money down the drain. It's upsetting! 

Aren't games, once downloaded to origin, supposed to stay there endlessly? If so, why did it suddenly disappear? Did anyone else have similar problems? 

ARGGG! >.<

Message 1 of 8 (497 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 game deleted

Champion (Retired)

When it is not in the game library it means you have logged in to the wrong Origin account. Login with the email address and password originally used when first installing the game and you will see it in the game library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (638 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

When it is not in the game library it means you have logged in to the wrong Origin account. Login with the email address and password originally used when first installing the game and you will see it in the game library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (639 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I only had one email address that I used and mine got deleted. They won’t help me and make it seem like it’s my fault
Message 3 of 8 (390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing happened to me I haven’t played my sims 4 game in about a year and I bought it about 2 years ago I swear they do this to people on purpose just to make more money!
Message 4 of 8 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@CamryLUXARY

No EA doesn't do this to people, I have never heard of someone not getting a hold of their games after contacting EA support, if they have the correct information and some kind of proof they own the account. Standard smile

List all of your (or your parents if you were under 16 when the account was created) emails, old and new. List all potential account names. Find the game activation code or Origin confirmation email if you can.

Go here to contact EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

• In the upper right corner, choose your region. If you can't find it, choose US or UK.
  • Choose a game. If you need help with an account issue, choose Origin
  • Choose your platform
  • Choose topic and issue to give EA details.
  • Click Select contact option, and hopefully you get in touch with someone fast!

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 5 of 8 (361 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you but I did all of that and they said sorry there’s nothing we can do if you don’t have a product code. My email would have automatically deleted it anyway. I tried with 3 different people and they all said the same thing so unfortunately I’m kinda screwed
Message 6 of 8 (346 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you though I do appreciate that you tried to help me and better than anyone I spoke to at origin and E A games
Message 7 of 8 (345 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CamryLUXARY

Okay, I'm sorry..
You dont have the game still installed on another computer? If you have that you can usually find your game code on the computer!

Message 8 of 8 (336 Views)