Re: Sims 4 game completely resets when adding new household

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Sims 4 game completely resets when adding new household

★★ Novice

Recently, whenever I have tried adding a new sim to the game, my game deletes all of my other households. It is as if the game reset completely and I don’t know why this is happening. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3 (545 Views)

★★ Pro

Have you looked to see if the household is in Manage Households? It's up in the right corner of the map screen.

Look at your My Household tab, which should automatically be selected, to see what families are in-game and what town they are in. To play a family, find them in the town they are in and select them to play.

Maybe you saved your game playing one household and then switched to another household before exiting the game?

If that doesn't help, click Load Game to see what other saves you have to see if you can find the missing family?

Please Note: Sim families from another game save cannot interact with another Sim family from a different game save. To get them to interact with each other they need to be in the same game save.

-- To get the families all into one game save, go to the main menu and click Load Game for each of the families you want to save. Save the family and their house to the library and place them into one game save.

Message 2 of 3 (534 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@logicalentity

Sound like you select New Game instead of Continue and then selecting New Household.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 3 (527 Views)