Sims 4 freezing

by niamhjoan

Original Post

Sims 4 freezing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sims 4 freezes the game 10-15 minutes into the game. I have tried reloading the game several times but it still freezes. I have read similar posts about this but they are all linked to specific things (travelling to a certain location, attempting to change the sim etc) none of which have caused the game, it is just in live mode doing base game things, so nothing that should cause an issue. This is quite annoying as I have recently got a new laptop so I doubt that is the fault is because of that. If anyone has any suggestions to help resolve this I would appreciate it.

Message 1 of 6 (267 Views)

Re: Sims 4 freezing

@niamhjoan  It would still be helpful to start with a dxdiag on the new laptop, even if you're sure there's nothing wrong with it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And to clarify, does your whole computer freeze, or just the game?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (255 Views)

★ Novice

Hi the game freeze causes the whole laptop to, I am only able to turn it off. I'll try to do the thing you recommended too thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6 (249 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@niamhjoan  It would still be helpful to start with a dxdiag on the new laptop, even if you're sure there's nothing wrong with it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

And to clarify, does your whole computer freeze, or just the game?

Here is the dxdiag, they didn't report any issues I did this after the game crashed, again.

Message 4 of 6 (246 Views)

@niamhjoan  The errors in your dxdiag all point to a problem with the driver for your graphics chip.  It might be enough to do a clean install of the newest driver, but I can't tell whether HP offers a newer one than you currently have because I can't find the correct download page from the info in your dxdiag.  It's easy enough for you to find it though.  Go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, choose your operating system if necessary, and you'll land on the driver download page for your laptop.  Please link it here.  The page doesn't have any information about your own computer, just the overall model.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there anyway to restart the computer? i have a desktop and that usually works but the same thing has happened to me many times. just make sure that you save your game frequantly! that helps the game to load. you can also try turning down your graphics if you have not tryed that yet! i hope this helped a bit if you have not figured it out yet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i do not work for EA. i am just trying to help out!

Message 6 of 6 (209 Views)