Sims 4 freezes leaving build mode/red border/can't click

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

I reinstalled the Sims 4 and now it doesnt work!

★ Novice

So I had to reinstall the Sims 4 because of an Error, everything went fine BUT it wont let me access the gallery and when I try to get out of build mode it freezes. Please tell me whats happening! 

Message 60 of 88 (747 Views)

Re: Game not working since update. Red border around screen

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I took my mods folder out and it has worked. Can they please just update when it's fixed because no offense, but this gams is literally not fun without mods.
Message 61 of 88 (843 Views)

★★ Novice
I took my mods folder out and it has worked. Can they please just update when it's fixed because no offense, but this game is literally not fun without mods.
Message 62 of 88 (842 Views)

★★ Novice
@jenroset unfortunately its the mods Frown I removed my mods folder and it worked fine. Guess I'll just have to research and find out which mods are 'broken', update, and load again. I'll do it within the next couple days and update.
Message 63 of 88 (841 Views)

Re: I reinstalled the Sims 4 and now it doesnt work!

@IzzyPlays1  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

Both of these issues are most often caused by the UI Cheats mod.  Try removing it.  If that doesn't help, remove all your mods and test.  If the problem is gone, you can add them back in batches, testing each time.  Any batch that reintroduces the issue needs to be split and retested until you find the probelm file(s).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 64 of 88 (730 Views)

@Laydawesome  Again, it's usually the UI Cheats mod.  Try removing that first.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 65 of 88 (805 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I’m very very new to all this, I have always been a console player. What is a UI cheats mod?
Message 66 of 88 (740 Views)

Re: I reinstalled the Sims 4 and now it doesnt work!

★ Novice

Omg! Thanks so much! I would've never thought of that on my own tysm! 

Message 67 of 88 (681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem as well all my save files where disappearing until i had nothing. I lost all my houses and characters... I tried to contact help but there no one there even during their business hours.  

Message 68 of 88 (782 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update (June 3rd) broke build mode

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue, and it’s so frustrating because I have to close down the entire Mac which I’m no expert but I’m sure is causing some damage. 
I regret updating my game, it was working perfectly before. Please can this hurry up and be resolved. I’ve tried disabling mods, updating them, updating my Mac, repairing the game......apart from uninstalling and re-installing the game, I’m at a loss. 

Message 69 of 88 (713 Views)