Sims 4 freezes leaving build mode/red border/can't click

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Game not working with mods after June 4th update!

@cresentmoon19  To exit out of the game, hit crtl-alt-delete, select Task Manager, find Sims 4 on the list, click on it, and End Task.  It may help to play in windowed fullscreen or windowed mode.  If you can't get the Task Manager to come up, crtl-alt-delte and Sign Out, which will bring you back to the Windows login screen.

This is almost certainly a mods issue, as you're seeing.  The most common culprit is the UI Cheats mod, so try removing just that one if you have it.  Otherwise, the only good way to find the problem is to test.  You don't need to test each mod individually though.  You can do so in batches, or use the 50/50 method: move your mods out and put half back in, test; if that batch is fine, set is aside and test half the others; if the batch causes a problem, split it and test half; etc.  In this way, even hundreds of mods can be sorted through in a handful of tests.  But be sure to test each mod at least once, since there could be more than one causing problems.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 40 of 88 (653 Views)

Re: switching from build/buy to live mode in the Sims 4

@Ciana0930 and @stasj912  Please test without mods: move your Mods folder to your desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and see whether you have the same issue.  If you do, start a new save and test again.  If you still have the issue, try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Message 41 of 88 (629 Views)

Re: Game not working with mods after June 4th update!

★★★ Newbie

thank you for replying!

I'll try it without UI cheats and that method for testing mods seems way more effecient.

thanks <3

Message 42 of 88 (642 Views)

Tech

★★ Novice

I bought the new expansion pack today all ready to go play to make the world a better place. BUT! when I go into build mode to buy a garbage can or a cooler when I hit live mode the button and all of the other controls except for build mode disappears and I have to go to control alt delete to get out of the game. Now I can't play any of my sims 4 households!! Can anyone help me please?

Message 43 of 88 (849 Views)

Re: Tech

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@jbananto 

If this is Eco Lifestyle and you’re using Sims 4 Legacy Edition please see the great post by @puzzlezaddict on sims 4.

“Does your computer run the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  If so, that's the issue: Eco Lifestyle doesn't work in the LE.”

Message 44 of 88 (817 Views)

@jbananto  This is most often a mods issue.  Try removing the UI cheats mod, if you have it.  Otherwise, remove all your mods, at least long enough to test.  If the problem is gone, you can add back your mods in batches, testing each time to see whether the issue reappears.  If and when it does, you'll know that the cause is one of the files you just added back, and you can split the last batch and retest until you find out which one.

Message 45 of 88 (800 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing after update (June/2020)

★★★★★ Newbie

HI I need help with the game.

It does not want to start since I updated it this morning (based in South Africa). It says "unable to start" I have to repair it or uninstall it. so the problem is I cant uninstall it so I want to know how to at least repair it. I am using pc and only have base game. I know you do not work for the sims but please help. Am still a newbie and I do not even know who to contact :-(

thanks in advance.

Message 46 of 88 (679 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you, I will try that. As I only have 2 mods in my game hopefully it won't be that hard!
Message 47 of 88 (739 Views)

★★ Novice
@Uncensorious I don't have Legacy. I have the standard game. Expansion packs and game packs. I thought that the 2 patches we just received were supposed to address this issue?
Message 48 of 88 (738 Views)

Can't play game after accessing buy mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It's difficult to explain so I'm attaching a picture as well. 

Game loads fine. But the gallery won't load. Fine. You go into buy mode do some bits and when you back into live mode I can't access the game at all. I can't even quit the game I have open up the task manager and even then it's a fight to get it to close down. I've tried to play it 4 times now and the same thing is happening. I've got no MODs or CC installed and I've cleared the cache Please someone help or EA release an update!

Edit - I've also tired to repair it on the origin launcher and it's still happening

Message 49 of 88 (655 Views)