Sims 4 freezes leaving build mode/red border/can't click

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

In game won’t work. Red boarder and buttons won’t work.

★★★ Newbie

I haven’t been on the sims 4 in a while. I play on the a windows 10. I wanted to get on and play. I haven’t installed any mods or cc since i last played, but i did install reshade and some presets. I have a mod that tells me which mods need updating, and i updated all the mods it told me to. There is a red boarder around the screen, the upstairs and downstairs buttons are missing. The menu button won’t work (but the world button does) the gallery button doesn’t work. No controls are working (but the thing above my sim’s head is still spinning) but the sims aren’t moving. The sims controls aren’t working. The entire sims right hand menu is missing and do is the one in the left. I tried repairing my game twice and it didn’t work. What do I do? Please if you see this, help!!!! 

Message 30 of 88 (1,358 Views)

Re: In game won’t work. Red boarder and buttons won’t work.

@autumn_413287  A number of mods were broken with the recent patch and need to be updated; not all such mods get caught by the tools meant to flag them.  Start by removing or updating the UI cheats mod, if you have it.  If that doesn't help, remove all your mods and test.  If the issue is gone, you can add back your mods in batches, testing each time to see whether the problem reappears.  If and when it does, you'll know that the problem is in the last batch you added, and you can split it and retest until you've found the culprit.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 88 (1,344 Views)

Re: Bugs

Hero
@I20818 This is related to an outdated version of the UI Cheat extension mod. Please make sure to update the mod

Moving this to tech

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 88 (1,337 Views)

Re: New update Bug

Hero
@CatrinaN Are you using the Cheat UI Extension mod ? If so, make sure to update that.

Also check all your CC/mods if something is incompatible

Here's a list
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

Your picture asks for permission to be viewed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 88 (1,404 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having a problem too, only mine isn't getting stuck. All of my CC is just gone. It's still in the mod folder on my pc, but it's not loading in the game. Every time I load up the game it says that my stuff "isn't installed on this computer or owned by the current account". Big problem considering my sims and their stuff is almost entirely CC.

Message 34 of 88 (1,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WindyVee Did you turn CC back on in the options ?

Do make sure everything is still compatible as per list posted above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 88 (1,347 Views)

switching from build/buy to live mode in the Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I am having a issues with building. If I try to add to or fix rooms in prebuilt homes or apartments. I can't transfer between build/ Buy and Live mode. I have to restart my game? Help

Message 36 of 88 (1,418 Views)

Re: switching from build/buy to live mode in the Sims 4

★★ Novice
@Ciana0930 I have the same problem. After I accessed build mode my Live mode is stuck and my sims 'taskbar' dissapears and I have to shut down the game...
Also I cant seem to access the gallery since the update.
Any help? Thanks
Message 37 of 88 (1,391 Views)

Game not working with mods after June 4th update!

★★★ Newbie

My game will not work with mods since the update on June 4th!

My game opens fine, but as soon as I go into a lot, a number of things are wrong.

The red border is around my screen, as if its paused. There is nothing on the bottom part of my game, no time and pause button, sim, or needs bar. The options bar at the top right of the screen is still there, but some of the buttons are not there, and you cannot click on the ones that are there. The build mode button is greyed out, and says "This lot can only be modified in world edit" even if its a residential lot with a sim of mine moved into it. I can press manage worlds, but if I click it, it just brings me to a frozen, dark screen. Since I can't click the options button, there is no way to exit the game. I couldn't even exit it from the tab if I went out of the game. The only way (and I am not at all tech savvy so I'm sure there is an easier way to do this) was to restart my pc.

I tried updating all my mods, made sure my game and origin was all up to date, and tried multiple different saves. The only thing that worked was taking my mods out. 

I would really like to play with my mods and cc, because all of my saves would not really work properly without the mods I have. I can't go through all my mods and cc to figure out which is broken because, again, my pc needs to restart to reopen the game, and my pc is really old and slow so both of those things take quite a while. I don't really want to spend hours going through my mods if there is an easier fix.

I would be willing to reinstall the sims 4 if that is the only fix, but I thought I'd ask here in case there is an easier way to fix this issue.

I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Message 38 of 88 (1,402 Views)

Re: switching from build/buy to live mode in the Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
@stasj912 Yes, thanks. Hopefully it will get fixed soon
Message 39 of 88 (1,371 Views)