Sims 4 freezes leaving build mode/red border/can't click

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Red Border outline , wont move after update

Hero
@weirdowastaken Are you using mods/cc in your game ? If so, have you tried without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 88 (2,428 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Update (June 3rd) broke build mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. I took out all mods and cc, did a game repair, and it didn't make a difference. Once I exit build mode, I can't click on anything and have to use task manager to shut down the game. Edit: Forgot to mention that I also cleared the cache.

Message 11 of 88 (2,528 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 88 (2,500 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue, updated the game, played it without any mods with a new sims in preperation for eco living. once i go into buy mode i can do everything but when i exit, the live mod icon dissapears, the hud dissapears. i can click on things but nothing pops up. my sim got an invitation through the phone, i accepted this in the hopes of forcing a loading screen but nothing happened. what happened to break the game this badly o.o

also noticed several weird glitches in san myshuno and the repurtain menu. added a screenshot of san myshuno 
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/612615988244119562/718034208219594793/unknown.png?width=124...

Message 13 of 88 (2,449 Views)

★★ Novice
@weirdowastaken Yes me too I hope they fix it soon, this is not fun
Message 14 of 88 (2,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I managed to fix mine! It was the UI_Cheats_Extension mod for me (makes sense as its the UI we can't access).

A Youtube video by itsmeTroi helped me figure it out. She lists all the mods currently known to be broken after the update - I updated any that I had.

Message 15 of 88 (2,360 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing after update (June/2020)

★★★★★ Newbie

tried starting a new game, but it doesn't work either. The game itself doesn't crash, just can select anything and menu is dead. Have to toggle out and kill the Sims process to close it.

Message 16 of 88 (2,914 Views)

@KingKracKer  I've split your post into its own thread, since the issue you're describing is different than the other one.

Please try disabling Windows notifications while you play.  If that doesn't work, put Origin in offline mode before launching the game, at least as a test.

If that doesn't help either, try disabling Game Bar, which is in Windows Settings > Gaming.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 88 (2,717 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having the same issue. Soon as I the save for my family, the game is stuck on pause with no option to click play. I also cant click on the three bubbles or gallery or the camera settings. Nothings happens. Can anyone help?

Message 18 of 88 (2,643 Views)

@bethjohnston73  Try removing the UI cheats mod, if you have it.  If not, or if it doesn't help, remove your Mods folder, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  You don't have to save your progress, so don't worry about any warnings of missing items; this is just to see whether it helps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 88 (2,635 Views)