Re: My sims 4 game is malfunctioning, please help

by kreatora

Original Post

Re: I can´t play the Sims 4 after the latest update.

★★★★ Guide

Make sure any CC is the updated version from their appropriate download locations. Patches and Updates can often break CC/Mods

Message 81 of 88 (1,365 Views)

★★ Novice

And do you have any quick way on how I can delete the CC from my folder?

Message 82 of 88 (1,344 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In terms of completely, or one by one because you have problem CC?

1. Remove the mods folder completely (it will regenerate empty upon the next game load)

2. Remove the mods folder and start moving them in bit by bit to narrow down what is causing the problem (I don't know a quick way unfortuantely)

It is more likely to be script mods that are causing the issues, rather than clothes/buy/build items for example.

Message 83 of 88 (1,324 Views)

@02Aquelia02  Start by deleting the UI Cheats mod, if you have it.  The issues you've described are all usually attributable to that mod.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 84 of 88 (1,256 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys thank you so much for your help. It´s working now.

Message 85 of 88 (1,144 Views)

My sims 4 game is malfunctioning, please help

★★★ Newbie

So when I open my game and go to select a house when I land it loads to the house I selected, there’s no control panel at the bottom. Like there’s no sims or their moods, or the phone, or the time and basically all the stuff that’s in the control panel at the bottom of the screen. Also at the top where build mode is and the option menu the control where I can zoom in and out isn’t there, the gallery doesn’t work when I click on it and when I try to go to bike mode it says “this lot is only editable from the World Map” Another problem is that i can’t control anything my sims do. So if I want them to watch the tv and I click on it, the options of what categories to watch doesn’t show up, they’re basically just doing whims. And lastly when I first enter the game to the menu page (where it says new game and load game) when I click the gallery, all the tabs says the letter W over and over and nothing shows up. Please help I don’t know what’s happening with my game. This only happens recently about a few weeks ago and I haven’t been able to play my game. Pleaseee help Frown 

Message 86 of 88 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Are you using the UI mod?

Message 87 of 88 (1,153 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@MattyxxK

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now properly without mods.
If it is fixed, copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK You need to do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version
List of broken mods after the last game updates
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

If you don't have CC or mods delete these folders and file, and fix the game also.

I don't work for EA
Message 88 of 88 (1,151 Views)