Sims 4 freezes and windows won't do anything

by chandelle12

Original Post

Sims 4 freezes and windows won't do anything

★★★★★ Newbie

Recently I bought a new laptop and installed the Sims 4 on it after having played it for many years on my other laptop. My laptop does fulfill the conditions of the game so that shouldn't be the problem. But today (after having gamed a few days before that) I started having problems. About every half an hour my game freezes, sometimes I do hear the music but other times not. I did read about the recent problems of the November update but every time my game freezes my laptop won't do anything else than show me the game. I can't go back to windows and it doesn't give me a crash report or anything. I have to force my laptop to shut off otherwise I can't do anything. This problem keeps occurring, but every time the same thing keeps happening. I tried some of the things like: Origin on offline and repairing the game (and more).

I don't have any mods or cc's.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Re: Sims 4 freezes and windows won't do anything

@chandelle12  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you get the same freezing in a new save.  Let me know either way.

If you still get a freeze, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)