Sims 4 for Pc wont start.

by _peaches_beachez

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 for Pc wont start.

★★★ Newbie

So I updated my game to the most recent version, and now it’s freezing on the load screen before the main menu. It won’t even let me open the task manager, I have to sign out of my computer or shut it off completely to even exit the game. I’ve deleted any and all mods in case it was that, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, signed out of origin and back in, “repaired” the game, and still nothing. The theme music is still playing and I can still move the cursor around, but it won’t exit the title page. Please help, I just want to play my game Frown

Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 for Pc wont start.

Hero (Retired)
@_peaches_beachez

If you have Win10 :
Click on "This PC"
then Click on your C Drive, which looks like this for example -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) --
If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc..
Click on the folder that says 'Users'
then once you've done that, click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, then click on Documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then Sims 4
Inside this The Sims4 folder you will find localthumbcache.package file

If you have Win7 or 8 open the Menu start and click Documents on the right side.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (372 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@_peaches_beachez

Removing mods isn't enough.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it applies to the errors of the game also.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is that I’m not seeing localthumbscache.package at all. I’ve looked in every folder, typed it in the search bar, and nothing :/ I’m lost 

Message 3 of 4 (388 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@_peaches_beachez

If you have Win10 :
Click on "This PC"
then Click on your C Drive, which looks like this for example -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) --
If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc..
Click on the folder that says 'Users'
then once you've done that, click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, then click on Documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then Sims 4
Inside this The Sims4 folder you will find localthumbcache.package file

If you have Win7 or 8 open the Menu start and click Documents on the right side.

Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)