Re: Sims 4 floor unbuildable due to gallery room

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 floor unbuildable and sim thinks everything is blocked

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Imported a room from the gallery and everytime i move it the walls remain and now i can't build at all on that floor. i keep getting the out of bounds error no matter where, I have taken rooms of the gallery before and never had any problems. This happens to all rooms on that save but not on the others. i can't even delete the floor. this happened in oakenvile with only basegame there was no cc installed since last time it worked. Is this a known issue? anyone have the same problem?

Message 1 of 3 (519 Views)

★ Novice

New problem same post -> just to save space and limit spam. this is a different save , my sim wont go through any doors , she wont use the shower even if its right in front of her and unblocked, i did not move it since it worked i sold all items i had placed as off late including the celebrity truck i got as an acchievement in the road to fame mod probably. Speaking of that mod it is my highest suspect as i dont haver the get famous expansion pack i figured that mighthave something to do with it. oh and she wont sleep either. for now im keeping them alive with the make happy but idk how long that will last. also i have turned off aging for all sims in my game. right before this happened there was a photoshoot at my house when the game glitched and froze until the event was over , the kind of freeze were your sim just wont do anything you can still do things. and when it ended all the photographer sims seemed to have their needs zeroed all off them peed in my house on my floor-  

tldr: my sim things like everyhting is blocked and wont do anything. 

Message 2 of 3 (471 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kurokomaria 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (439 Views)