Sims 4 expansion appears twice in origin

by Demth

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sims 4 expansion appears twice in origin

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

So a friend of mine has recently purchased Sims 4 Cottage living, and when registering the product with the cd key, the expansion shows up in the library as it should. The weird thing is that there are now two separate entries for the same expansion. One called "The Sims 4 Cottage Living", which is unpurchased and with a buy-button, and a second entry called "The Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack" which is bought, installed and working. Considering my friend has all the other expansions, game packs, stuff packs et cetera, the collection now looks kind of wonky with two sets of the same expansion, one of them unpurchased. Has anybody else had the same problem, or might this be a temporary glitch? There is also a difference between the information concerning the expansion, so apparently, there are two entries with varying information in the origin library. 

Including a screenshot so you can see what I mean:

Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion twice

Kind regards,

O

Message 1 of 19 (1,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 expansion appears twice in origin

@Demth  The two copies of Cottage Living in the Origin games library is normal and likely related to the bonus content for early orders.  I don't know whether it will be changed at some point.

@AppleBlossom3  Reports are being collected here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Today-is-July-22nd-Why-hasn-t-Cottage-Living-D...

An EA employee has already said they're looking into it and hope to have a fix soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (1,720 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I have it listed twice also, but how did you manage to install it?  Mine has no download option, only a buy option on one and nothing on the other.

Screenshot.jpg

Message 2 of 19 (1,735 Views)

@Demth  The two copies of Cottage Living in the Origin games library is normal and likely related to the bonus content for early orders.  I don't know whether it will be changed at some point.

@AppleBlossom3  Reports are being collected here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Today-is-July-22nd-Why-hasn-t-Cottage-Living-D...

An EA employee has already said they're looking into it and hope to have a fix soon.

Message 3 of 19 (1,721 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!
Message 4 of 19 (1,714 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Hi, I have a quick question. You said having two copies was normal. My game started downloading by itself yesterday, and I was able to install it. Now one says Unlocked and the other says Installed. Am I going to have two copies forever or is there something wrong still? I'm not sure because this is the first time I've pre-ordered, and I don't know how this is supposed to work.
Message 5 of 19 (1,617 Views)

@AppleBlossom3  I have no idea whether there will be two copies in Origin going forward.  It's possible the bonus content will be moved elsewhere and the Cottage Living entries consolidated, but it's also possible that Origin will keep this design.  What I do know is that there's nothing wrong with your account.

Regardless, as long as your game works, I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 6 of 19 (1,608 Views)

★ Apprentice

If the double entry and the inability to download the expansion pack are because of the pre-purchase... wow. What does that say about pre-purchases? Once was if you bought early you got it a day in advance, now we'll be lucky to get it a week later.

Message 7 of 19 (1,601 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Thanks. If one of the entries really is for the bonus content, they really should label it as such (Gnome on the Go or whatever) instead of Cottage Living twice. It's confusing that way.
Message 8 of 19 (1,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DemthAs of today I have the exact same look in my Origin. I have just recently purchased & registered the product key and now looks like this as well.

ETA:

Just opened the game and the EXTRA Stuff is missing!

Message 9 of 19 (1,514 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LuvMySimz 

Please read the accepted answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 19 (1,501 Views)