Sims 4 error

by cheyennejoyt

Original Post

Sims 4 error

★ Novice
My sims 4 game has crashed from custom content downloads. I removed the mods because I thought that would help and it hasn't. Before the game starts an error report comes up and I have the option or sending an error report or not sending it. I've tried uninstalling origin and trying to fix it on there but nothing has worked. My sims 4 game has crashed before and I don't want to resort to having to remove all my saved data again just to get it working. Am I able to uninstall the game from my computer without losing data when I go to reinstall it?
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error

★ Apprentice

Hey there.

Did you delete the cache after you removed the mods?

To your last question, I'm not quite sure if Origin will delete all your User-generated Content, so I'd opt for making a backup of your savegames etc. in another folder so that in case that there's no option to 'keep your content' you can just copy your saves over again.

For future readers (you seem to know that), by default the save game folder is located in: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 - it's the folder called "saves"

I, personally, would copy the entire folder. After reinstalling the game start it up once so that possible data can be initialized first and you can check whether or not is has something to do with your saves before copying them back into the respective directory.

Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)