Sims 4 error code 0 Will not save

by mlcats

Original Post

Sims 4 error code 0 Will not save

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to play the Sims 4, and I keep getting the error message 0 when I try to save. I've been to multiple threads and have tried everything people have suggested. I've tried the whole save replacing, and taking out each save to figure out which save is corrupt. I've tried deleting the cache, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled The sims 4 and origin multiple times. Every time, I get error code 0 even when I'm using a brand new save. I don't know what to try next, and if anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Message 1 of 3 (633 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error code 0 Will not save

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I've had this happen to my game before. What helped me is doing a Sims 4 factory reset -

Move your Sims 4 folder [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 4 Folder] to the desktop and try playing the game again, by going into Origin and click Play on Sims 4. This will create a new folder.

Try creating a new Sim in a new town and save it.

You won't loose any of your saves, Sims, houses etc. from your folder, as you'll have it backed up to desktop.

More tips can be found in this article from Crinrict.

Save game was saved with an newer version
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-game-was-saved-with-an-earlier-version/

Message 2 of 3 (625 Views)

Re: Sims 4 error code 0 Will not save

★★★ Newbie

I just tried this and it did not work. I have been having this problem for months and I am convinced that this game is broken  for good. Then again, this is EA we are talking about so I'm not surprised. 

Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)