Re: Sims 4 download to SD Card?

by Mikaela47

Original Post

★★ Novice

So you have to download origin onto the SD card?

Message 11 of 28 (2,587 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Make sure the SD card is assigned a drive letter then download Origin from https://www.origin.com/dnk/en-us/store/download/

When installing it specify that driveletter such as this X:\Origin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 28 (2,583 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure what you mean by assigning it to a "drive letter" I don't even know what that means let alone how to accomplish that.

Message 13 of 28 (2,561 Views)

★★ Novice

its not allowing me the option to select anything when downloading origin at all so I'm not sure what your talking about.

Message 14 of 28 (2,558 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@bubblybruiser

A drive letter is C:, D:, E: and so on. Normally Windows assigns it automatically when you insert an USB key or SD card.

I did not say anything about when downloading but when installing. Since your understanding of how a PC works is dismal I suggest you get someone more knowledgeable to do it for you. If your School has it I suggest you sign up for a course in basic computer skills. In the future no matter what job you get into at least a basic understanding of how computers work will be required.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 28 (2,554 Views)

★★ Novice
I figured it out without your help. And I know the basics of a PC thank you I've just never used a SD card before my computer has always had more than enough memory on it. I doubt my job as a waitress will need me to move files from my hard drive to an SD card but thanks for nothing 😊
Message 16 of 28 (2,548 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sorry but your indication that you did not know what a drive letter was did not instill confidence in your PC skills.

Any way I am glad you got it to work.

If you plan on being a waitress for the rest of your life (nothing wrong with that) you will likely not need anything but basic PC skills. If however you at a point strive higher then it is another matter.

Message 17 of 28 (2,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When it asks you to pick a spot to put it, right click on DOCUMENTS the click NEW FOLDER once you create that new folder, DRAG AND DROP it into the SD CARD fine name on your choice list. Once the NEW FOLDER has a spot in your SD card slot, click the NEW FOLDER that's in there as the place you want The Sims 4 to DOWNLOAD into.

Message 18 of 28 (2,509 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Mikaela47

Why not just create the folder on the SD card directly instead of going to so much trouble.?

Message 19 of 28 (2,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Do It however you'd like. They are side by side. It wouldn't work for me until I did the drag and drop. You're welcome to try whatever you want... 2 seconds to drag and drop isn't even close to "so much trouble." Lmao
Message 20 of 28 (2,494 Views)