Re: Sims 4 doesn't recognize 3080ti

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 doesn't recognize 3080ti

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi simmers! i couldn't find any solutions to this specific graphics card so i thought i'd take a shot in the dark.

i upgraded my PC recently and i now have a 3080ti graphics card. i get an error message saying the game doesn't recognize it when i boot it up. is there any solution to this? attached is my DxDiag.

thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (1,165 Views)

Re: Sims 4 doesn't recognize 3080ti

[ Edited ]

@MathewB14C  The issue is that your GPU's device ID isn't in Sims 4's database.  But you can add it manually, specifically by editing GraphicsCards.sgr.  The file is located in the game's Bin folder; by default, this is the full file path:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

It's actually better to make a copy of GraphicsCards, so please do that first, and put it on your desktop or somewhere else convenient.  Open the copy and crtl-F to search for nvidia , which should bring you here:

vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10B4 0x12D2 0x10DE
card 0x1DBA "NVIDIA Quadro GV100" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x249C "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh
card 0x24DC "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

Under the NVIDIA line, create a new line and copy and paste this:

card    0x2208  "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080"   $cardLevelUber  $resolutionHigh

Save the change, then drop the modified .sgr file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > ConfigOverride.  This file will be override the one within the program files, which would be reverted to default any time you repaired or updated the game.  You can pull the file out of ConfigOverride whenever you want with no harm done.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,121 Views)